DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
I just joined Netflix and was wondering if they ship widescreen by default? I'm hoping so. Didnt see any choice or options for such. Thanks.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
DTS said:
I just joined Netflix and was wondering if they ship widescreen by default? I'm hoping so. Didnt see any choice or options for such. Thanks.
I don't think I've ever gotten a full screen version from Netflix...unless it was accompanied by a widescreen version.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Most are shipped widescreen and more and more movies are only coming that way. I watched Transporter 2 last night and it was a rare disc that had both formats on it. But to answer your question I don't think there is a default and I cannot find any setting for formats.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
You can see what version you are getting if you look in the details. As was said, widescreen is what you'll get most of the time. If you are dealing with some obscure movies or foreign movies, you may end up with a standard 4:3 version because that is all they have (or it was filmed that way).

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
Ive been a member for 3 years

and the only time I've gotten a full screen movie is when the director shot the movie in full screen. (ie movies from the 40s and before used the standard 4 : 3 aspect ratio.) Its a great DVD rental service.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Most of the DVDs that come out either have both formats or are Widescreen. I believe Netflix indicates whether or not the DVD is 4:3 or widescreen on the web page.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis