Need Urgent Advice for projector!!

H

HomeTheaterGuru

Audiophyte
I have a $4500 (US Dollars) max budget for a projector. Currently I am looking at the JVC X55 for $4200 or Epson 6020 UB for $3300. If any one has better advise, or to choose one among those two, it will be greatly appreciated.

S

Senact

Audioholic Intern
I'm trying to sort through the same decision myself, I don't think there is a projector that does everything REALLY well, so the decision should be based on it's use. Are you a gamer? How much 2D vs 3D will you do? What is your room environment (dedicated room with no ambient light or a main floor living room with big windows), how large/type of a screen do you have?

I'm sure there are more questions to ask, but once you narrow down some of those details, it's easier to make a recommendation.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
No projector purchase should be considered an 'urgent' matter. You should always slow down and talk about what you are trying to achieve and what your situation is.

If you have the budget for a better projector, like you do, then I can only assume you also have a room which is appropriate for a better projector. This means that you have a room with dark paint, dark carpet, dark ceiling, and proper light control in general. If not, then I would encourage you to spend some of your budget making the room a more hospitable environment for your projector.

Do you have a desire to purchase a anamorphic lens? If not, then the 6020 doesn't make as much sense as the 5020 which is basically identical, but costs less overall.

Finally, JVC will deliver a better image - period. But, only for 2D. The JVC projectors apparently are still struggling with their 3D performance issues.

There is also the Sony VPL-HW50ES which is around $3,500 or so and fits your budget nicely and is a VERY strong projector for the money. Very well rounded.

Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector Home Projector Review - Overview

Beyond this site (which should have all reviews checked out) you should look at ProjectorReviews.com and ProjectorCentral.com for up-to-date reviews of models.

I always find the JVC models to provide some of the best black levels with great reliability, but the Sony models have been stepping up recently with overall quality and balanced quality for the money.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis