Need Speaker Recommendation

C

Curt1521

Audiophyte
I'm looking at purchasing speakers for a school classroom setting. I'm pretty sure I know which reciever/amp I'm going to get, but don't really know anything about speakers. They need to be fairly cheap, as we'll be outfitting about 20 classrooms with them. I will be running the video through a mounted projector, and the sounds from the computer, DVD/VCR and possibly the TV through the amp/reciever and speakers.
The speakers I'm considering are Audio Source AS7C ceiling mounted speakers. http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Code=ASO+AS7C&JRSource=zdnet.datafeed.ASO+AS7C

They run about $30 a piece, and I'll need 4 of them. I don't need these speakers to be home/theatre quality, because they are for a classroom.
Can anyone comment on these, or recommend a different speaker in the same price range.
Thanks!
Curt

J

jsantos615

Junior Audioholic
Curt1521 said:
I'm looking at purchasing speakers for a school classroom setting. I'm pretty sure I know which reciever/amp I'm going to get, but don't really know anything about speakers. They need to be fairly cheap, as we'll be outfitting about 20 classrooms with them. I will be running the video through a mounted projector, and the sounds from the computer, DVD/VCR and possibly the TV through the amp/reciever and speakers.
The speakers I'm considering are Audio Source AS7C ceiling mounted speakers. http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Code=ASO+AS7C&JRSource=zdnet.datafeed.ASO+AS7C

They run about $30 a piece, and I'll need 4 of them. I don't need these speakers to be home/theatre quality, because they are for a classroom.
Can anyone comment on these, or recommend a different speaker in the same price range.
Thanks!
Curt
I fell funny about point-out a Monster Product :)

However, Accessories 4 Less has Monster in-ceilings available with a full warranty for $16.99 each, if you order more than 25. I hear that A4L will also provide educational discounts, if you ask a CSR.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis