Need recomendation on new AV receiver

K

kmaultsby

Audiophyte
Hello everyone this is my first post. It has been thirteen years since my last purchase of my last AV receiver a Denon AVR 4800. Now technology has now caught up with me. I have used up all my HDMI inputs on my TV monitor and now I have four devices that use HDMI two HD DVR'S one Blue-Ray player and one xbox. So it is time for a new AV receiver. They will be connected to Paradigm Studio towers speakers with center channel. I want to be able connect it to my home network, steam music from my NAS, be able to connect ipad, & ipod most important of course good sound quality. Receivers I am looking at the Yamaha RX-A820 and RX-A1020 the Pioneer Elite SC-61 the Onkyo TX-NR717 and the Denon AVR 3313-CI.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
Out of that bunch I would take the Pioneer easily over the others.

But have you thought of getting a Denon 4311? They're around new for less than $1500 and refurbed for quite a bit less than that/

Or the Onkyo 818 which has been on sale lately for $800 or less?

U

unemployed

Enthusiast
I was researching many of the same models. I went with one version back on the top Yamaha, RX-A3010. $1400 on amazon, authorized dealer. Very close to the current model 3020 which was just released. You can compare the two models at the Yamaha USA site. Using mine as a pre pro to drive a multichannel 7 x250 wpc external amp.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What is your budget?

Call Electronics Expo on the phone. They have sold to many members on AH & AVS the Denon 4311 brand new for $1225 delivered.

But, those new AVRs from Yamaha, Pioneer, look great too.

They have sold the Denon 3313 to a member for about $850. They may also have open box Denon 3312 for about $500. Make sure it is open box and not refurbished because Open box gets you 3 yr warranty and refurbished gets 1 yr.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis