Need Rear Speakers for soundbar/sub

loboblast

loboblast

Enthusiast
Hello everyone. I haven't posted here in over two years. I decided to come back to get some recommendations and opinions regarding my setup. I'm now in the market to complete my 5.1 setup.

This is my current setup:
- Mirage Unitheater soundbar (3 chambered, Acts as L/C/R speakers)
- Dayton Audio SUB-1200
- Harmon Kardon AVR1600.

I'm interested in purchasing rear speakers for around $150. First, let me say that I live in a small 1bedroom condo so my living room isn't that big. Hence the reason I went with the soundbar. I'm trying to avoid as much speaker wire clutter as possible and quite frankly I don't have much room for a true 5.1 setup. My setup will be used exclusively for movies.

After doing some minor research this is what I came up with:

Cambridge Audio - S20

Cambridge Audio - S20 - Bookshelf Speakers-Audio Advisor

Mordaunt-Short - Alumni 2

Mordaunt-Short - Alumni 2 - Bookshelf Speakers-Audio Advisor

Klipsch Synergy B-20

Amazon.com: Klipsch Synergy B-20 Premium 5.25-Inch Bookshelf Speakers (Pair): Electronics

Like I said, I don't want to spend more than $150 but I guess I'm willing to go up to $200 if there's something out there truly better for the price compared to these speakers.

I would like to hear you thoughts and opinions regarding these speakers or if any of you have any experience with these. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
What's the difference between the superzero 2.0 and 2.1? They both give the same specs but price is $40 more for the 2.1.:confused:
From NHT
[h=2]Better - No mere update, the SuperZero 2.1 makes some subtle improvements to the original Super Zero and SuperZero 2.0 designs. Specifically, we added a 2nd order crossover, effectively blocking more of the bass that tries to sneak into the tweeter, and a newly revised woofer. These small changes significantly lower distortion, improving power handling, and makes the lil’ bugger sound even better than the original.[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis