Need help with system purchase

J

Jason1984

Audiophyte
Hi, i am building my first theatre system and i need a bit of help. I am looking at 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 using:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-280F
Centre: Klipsch RP-450C
Surrounds: Klipsch RP-250S
Backs: Klipsch RP-280F
Height: Not sure what to use here any help is appreciated.
Sub: SVS PB13-ULTRA ( or any recommendations)

AVReceiver: Denon AVR-X6200W ( not sure its capable of running the speakers )
Projector: JVC DLA-X9000

Screen: Open to recommendations.

3D Blu Ray player: Open to recommendations.

Any help is much appreciated.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You have enough power to be heard about 1/4 mile away and way more than eonugh to deafen yourself.

As for "height" speakers, do you want them in the ceiling or sitting on top of your other speakers

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi, i am building my first theatre system and i need a bit of help. I am looking at 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 using:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-280F
Centre: Klipsch RP-450C
Surrounds: Klipsch RP-250S
Backs: Klipsch RP-280F
Height: Not sure what to use here any help is appreciated.
Sub: SVS PB13-ULTRA ( or any recommendations)

AVReceiver: Denon AVR-X6200W ( not sure its capable of running the speakers )
Projector: JVC DLA-X9000

Screen: Open to recommendations.

3D Blu Ray player: Open to recommendations.

Any help is much appreciated.
Other than screen and BDP, what help are you looking for? The AVR will have no issues with driving those speakers. Height speakers you have two choices in ceiling or add on module (id go in ceiling and get as cheap as possible as they are just effect speakers (for that fact unless you listen to SACD, id get the least expensive bookshelves for those)). BDP, get an OPPO, and the screen depends on your room/environment.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Carada is a well respected screen manufacturer which doesn't cost a fortune. Also, I would definitely get more than one subwoofer. The PB13 is not bad, but a single one won't do for a really impressive home theater. As for 3D blu ray players, Oppo, Samsung, Sony, any will do.

Since you are getting Atmos, you will not want to use the RP-250S as surrounds. You will want a typical bookshelf speaker. If you are stuck on Klipsch, I would get the RP-160M for side surrounds and back surrounds. You will also want to use in-ceiling speakers for the height channels.

J

Jason1984

Audiophyte
Thanks fro the help guys.
The screen wont be affected by light as i will be getting curtains installed to block out all light.

For the Atmos i will be going in ceiling speakers. I am not sure if i need directional speakers or broad range.

I think i will go with Oppo BDP-103D Darbee for the blu ray. (Cheers guys)

With the screen, how important is the gain?

ShadyJ why would i want to use bookself speakers instead of free standing? (I am really new to this)

Cheers,

Guys

pacman9270

pacman9270

Enthusiast
I agree with the comments:
  • Go dual subs. If it's too expensive to get a second Ultra now, you can try later if you have the patience. I was on the fence for a couple months about adding a second sub to my 3045 cu ft room. I am now sold and will never go back to single sub configuration, unless my budget forces me to. Questions to consider:
    • How big is your room? (in cubic feet)
    • How much bass do you really like? Do you want to have trouble breathing or just nice even bass?
    • Do you have ample floor space for multiple location options?
      • I placed my SB-2000 subs front stage, between my bookshelf fronts, and have no dead space at any seating position.
  • You can't go wrong with an Oppo. More inexpensive alternatives would be:
    • Sony BDP6500
    • Panasonic DMP-BDT460
  • Your Denon should be able to power all of the speakers. I am new to external amplification, so I can't give you too much info there. What I can say is that I noticed better dynamic range in my speakers at low to medium volumes. (Speakers are 6-Ohm/88dB/200W. Amp is Emotiva XPA-5) Still testing out this configuration to ensure I'm not "hearing my enthusiasm".
  • Great selection of speakers for your theater!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis