Need help w/ part name or finding part

• Thread starter thunderkatalyst
  • Start date
T

thunderkatalyst

Audiophyte
Hi, I'm new to the forum and know very little about audio electronics, so please bare with me when it comes to the terms.

I am looking for a jack, similar to that of a headphone tip, that would be "Temporary" so that i could connect my speakers from my home stereo to my pc. The situation i have is, the speakers connect to my stereo using bare speaker wire, and the back of the stereo has jacks that "pinch" the cables to keep them secured. When i say temporary, i want some tips that i can put on the stereo wire when i want to connect them to the pc but when i connect them to the stereo i need to be able to take the tips off. Does anyone have any ideas about what kind of tips i am looking for, a name or site where i can find them. I asked radio shack if they had anything and all they could offer were tips where i had to solder the wire into the tip.

Thanks for the help,

TK

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Hope this helps..

Okay, from what I read... this is what you will need to connect your speakers to your computer. Y-Adapter
Your computer output does not have a built in amplifier to power your speakers. So you will need your receiver (stereo) to amplify your speakers. Using this cable mentioned in the link, connect this to a RCA (red and white jacks) input on the back of your stereo. (ex. CD, VCR, Tape, TV) Doing this does not require you to disconnect your speakers. Plug the mini jack into your computer's sound card.

You may need to adjust the volume on the stereo and the computer to get the right level.

I hope this helps.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis