Need help. Rythmik FV12 or SVS PB12-NSD???

K

karapuz

Audiophyte
Need your help and advise. Both of them are great performers, both are good for my room size. For almost the same price of $ 600 including shipping which one would you take and why. Need to respond quickly to sellers. Thank you.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'd go with the Rythmik. I think the SVS would have more output at the lower end of its tuning point though, so it might do deeper bass a bit better. I think the Rythmik might be a bit more articulate than the PB12, but I say this having not heard the PB12. I have compared the Rythmik to similar ported 12" subwoofers though, and found it did have a kind of articulation they lacked. I thought the FV12 was an excellent subwoofer.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
At the same price, I'd take the SVS. Love the idea of Rythmik's servo but the PB12 has incredibly even response and great output down low.

K

karapuz

Audiophyte
Thank you for your responses. It's so difficult to make a decision in this case. If SVS cost almost $ 800 then there would be no question. But in case of a similarity in prices it's a tough one and I need as much help as possible to decide.
However, there's another question. I know that bass is omni-directional. With front firing subs does the placement matter? Should I put it in the corner or can leave next to my HT? Thanks again.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Placement matters big time. There are a million articles on sub placement, so look around.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
The FV12 is out of stock I believe so the NSD may be your better bet.

Placement of the sub in the room is paramount to how it sounds at your seat. But the differences between a front firing & down firing sub in the same location will be little to non...pretty much non!!

I like the idea of of having the servo in the FV12 but if it's a matter of time with getting them in stock & if you can front the extra money then go with the PB-12NSD.

What size is your room!??

What about HSU?

VTF-2 MK4 ($549) or VTF-3 MK4 ($699)? Both are in-stock!!

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I'd rather have a PB12-NSD if the prices were the same.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis