Need Help Picking Speakers

C

ChrisSovari

Enthusiast
I have 1500$CND to spend on speakers & A/V Reveiver. A friend of mine was pointing me towards a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver and the Energy C-R100 for my rear L+R+RC & Energy C-C100 for my front center channel & Energy C-100 LF+RF. Anyone out there thing I could get a better system for the amount of money I can spend. The room size is 17 by 14 9 foot projector screen used mostly for movies.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I have 1500$CND to spend on speakers & A/V Reveiver. A friend of mine was pointing me towards a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver and the Energy C-R100 for my rear L+R+RC & Energy C-C100 for my front center channel & Energy C-100 LF+RF. Anyone out there thing I could get a better system for the amount of money I can spend. The room size is 17 by 14 9 foot projector screen used mostly for movies.
Are you not going to use a subwoofer?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Sounds like a solid system. You do need to audition speakers and make up your own mind. Listen to products from PSB, Paradigm, Mirage, Athena, Polk, etc to see what sounds best to your ears.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Imo you should also consider Onkyo TX-SR605 for higher power 75 vs 90 and DCDi Processing with Faroudja chip.

Listen to products from PSB, Paradigm, Mirage, Athena, Polk, etc to see what sounds best to your ears.
My picks would be: RBH [EMP Tek] and Klipsch

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Imo you should also consider Onkyo TX-SR605 for higher power 75 vs 90 and DCDi Processing with Faroudja chip.

My picks would be: RBH [EMP Tek] and Klipsch
but look at the features of the yama, and the power can be added later with an exteral amp

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Speakers in Canada

Axiom Audio is also made in Canada and I think the prices up there are cheaper.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis