V

viren

Enthusiast
i wanted to buy a home theatre, decided to go for onkyo 3400, but on hearing yamaha 196, the details and surround was way better, so i started looking for yamaha system with better specs and shortlisted Yamaha YHT-397, yht 597 and yht 697.
please help me with it, the deeper i go, more confusing it gets, also help me on whether i should go for onkyo or yamaha.
thanks.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Of those two brands, I would go with Yamaha. Yamaha seems to be about as reliable as you can get. I would probably buy speakers and receiver separately, though I suppose it depends on one's exact budget. If I bought separately, I would buy a Yamaha receiver and whatever speakers I liked the sound of in my price range.

What affects the sound you hear the most are the speakers. The receiver gives you whatever features you will have, and so many people spend, in my opinion, too much of their budget on the receiver instead of on better speakers.

V

viren

Enthusiast
hey,
my budget is less than $600. my friend will be getting it from dubai, heard it gets cheap over there. could you suggest recievers as well as speakers, i found yamaha recievers with better connectivity as well as lots of decoders. dts hd and dolby hd are the ones im particularly looking for since i will be connecting it to ps3 which already has the basics. thanks.

V

viren

Enthusiast
Of those two brands, I would go with Yamaha. Yamaha seems to be about as reliable as you can get. I would probably buy speakers and receiver separately, though I suppose it depends on one's exact budget. If I bought separately, I would buy a Yamaha receiver and whatever speakers I liked the sound of in my price range.

What affects the sound you hear the most are the speakers. The receiver gives you whatever features you will have, and so many people spend, in my opinion, too much of their budget on the receiver instead of on better speakers.

hey,
my budget is less than $600. my friend will be getting it from dubai, heard it gets cheap over there. could you suggest recievers as well as speakers, i found yamaha recievers with better connectivity as well as lots of decoders. dts hd and dolby hd are the ones im particularly looking for since i will be connecting it to ps3 which already has the basics. thanks.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
That complicates things, I have no idea what they sell in Dubai, so I am of no help...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Due to your location, and not knowing what is available - I would go with
the best Yamaha system that you can afford.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis