Need help fast! A2-300 or DPS-12??

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
Hi all. Need an answer today on this. I recently put an order in for the eD A2-300 because it was "$350" shipped (USD). Turns out after I put the order in, they call me and say it is another $85 USD for Canada shipping/duty (still have to pay tax yet). Taking that into consideration, I was thinking I might cancel the order as this is now going to be well over $500 CAD for this sub. I just looked on kijiji and there is a Veloydyne DPS-12 for $300 CAD.

Would you cancel the a2-300 for the DPS-12 to save over $200?? Why or why not?

Also, would you recommend any other sub up to $500 other than the A2-300, that may out-perform it? If I put the shipping costs toward a different sub, it would have to be a better performer, obviously...

Thanks in advance!

~caper

Last edited:
J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I really like my A2-300's. I am not familiar with the other sub, but I doubt it will keep up with the A2-300. It can really throw out some LFE. If you are going to have to pay for shipping, does it make sense to check out some HSU ro SVS, not sure how their shipping costs are effected by shipping to Canada.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I know of a couple of pro installers that have (or at least had) the DPS12, and it knocked a picture off the wall during King Kong. POs the neighbors plenty.

For the money, and perhaps also because of tougher pricing/shipping in CA, I'd look to build one. Check out the Kappa Perfect in the DIY subforum, or if you don't mind a VERY large sub, or causing structural damage to your home, check out the Tuba. They should both fall considerably under budget, but break the budget maybe slightly when you add the amp.

I've never built a sub, but if I did it all over again, I probably would with help from a friend.

edit: Oh, if DIY is impossible for you, SVS has a dealer in CA, you'll have to wait for someone to chime in on that, or just use the search functions in this subforum.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis