Need help connecting a Subwoofer

A

AppleJunky

Audiophyte
I want to connect a subwoofer super junior to a TEAC RV-s2100.
Is it possible to use the audio pre out on the amplifier and connect it to the subwoofer?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. Is your sub a Sunfire True Sub Super Junior? If it is, then you can connect line level outputs to it and control the crossover on the sub. If not, then what sorts of connections and controls does your sub have?

One thing to note, though, is that using the crossover on the sub doesn't affect the full range signal that is going to any speakers connected to the TEAC. That doesn't mean that you can't get it the sub and speakers to blend together well - it's just a note.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ive done what you said but the bass seems to be extremely high.
Question - is the volume on the sub controlled by the volume on your receiver? If so, then those are indeed preouts. If not, then they are fixed volume line level outputs - which isn't ideal, for sure.

I'm going to assume that they are preouts for the next part. If "extremely high" means loudness, you can control that with the "Bass Level" dial on the sub. You should be able to turn it way down, perhaps even to the point that you don't hear it at all. If "extremely high" means that it's playing higher frequencies (e.g. you can hear dialogue), you can control that using the "Crossover" dial. Above the frequency set on that dial, the volume will tail off pretty quickly as the frequencies get higher.

A

AppleJunky

Audiophyte
The volume on the sub is controlled by the receiver, I tried turning down the bass and it seems to working.
Thanks its really appreciated.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis