Need help choosing a Media Center

M

musicholic

Enthusiast
Hi,
I'm looking for a media center that will accomplish: 1) browsing and downloading on my LCD TV, 2) streaming netflix/youtube etc with sound from my receiver, 3) wireless keyboard/mouse plus remote, 4) not too bulky, and 5) blue ray would be a plus. Oh, and I have a 1 TB external HD that I can attach.

I have the Paradigm Studio spekaers, Sammy 850 TV (to be purchased), Denon 2807. I can hard wire the internet into whatever.

the PS3 seemed like a good option but I'm told its browsing features are weak.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Budget?

extra words here for minimum post length :eek:

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
With a 1,000 dollar budget, you could build a beautiful system yourself with blu ray burning/reading capabilities, and so much more! :D

New Egg is a great place to start piecing together hardware at fairly decent prices.

http://www.newegg.com

F

farout

Audioholic Intern
try

try the new western digital media center. gret little unit to play back movies etc. from hard drives. y can use 2 at once. it works great. not known about too much just came out. was in wired mag. in may issue.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Try this case $119
Processor $59
Mainboard $99
Sound Card* $239
4GB RAM Kit Currently $44 after $25 rebate
1 Terabyte HD $89
Vista Home Premium 64 bit edition $99
Blu-Ray Drive $99
Heatsink for processor $49
TotalMedia Theater 3 Platinum Edition (Blue-Ray player software) $89

Gets you to a total of $985 (before shipping).

* For Lossless 7.1 HD audio TMT3 requires the Xonar HDAV
That heatsink won't clear the Silverstone case. They have a maximum of 115mm height, that is 125.

SheepStar

jinjuku

jinjuku

That heatsink won't clear the Silverstone case. They have a maximum of 115mm height, that is 125.

SheepStar
That case is 170mm deep. Even taking an 1.5 inches for the mainboard/cpu leaves 132mm :confused:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis