Need help building home theater

H

heetmyzr

Enthusiast
I'm definitely a novice when it comes to home theaters so I'm hoping you can help. I live in an apartment with an 11' x 13' room with three walls. The fourth "wall" is open to the kitchen and hallway. My budget is 3K, give or take. I want to start with a 2-channel system (two floorstanding speakers) with a receiver (or a pre and power amp) and a bluray player. I love watching movies so that's what it will be mainly used for. Not interested in bookshelves on stands, but rather modestly-sized towers in a cherry finish. I've demo'd Vienna Acoustics Mozarts and B&W's CM 9s. Both sound very nice but very pricey (i've listened to Klipsch and Def Tech as well but they are not as nice looking). I've also read reviews for ML's Motion 40s, but haven't listened to them yet. I'm past the age of just listening to loud music. I want crisp, clear vocals, a big soundstage, and the ability to identify the different instruments. And that movie theater feel! Too much to ask for? haha

Any opinions on these speakers?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Restricting your self to cherry, can bring you some limitations

Have you thought about maybe a rosenut option? I can give you a
rosenut speaker option.

I can give some recommendations on speakers - however, I will let
others and you, do the cherry color search.

Your call?

H

heetmyzr

Enthusiast
I'll take whatever speaker and receiver recommendations you are willing to give. Thanks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis