need help $600 dollar receiver

R

reallybadname

Audiophyte
I'm in the market for a new receiver and have recently dropped out of the 1000+ price range based soley on the fact that I have no need for most of the features these receivers provide, i.e. dual HDMI out, legacy gear inputs, you name it. All I need is a receiver that I can plug three HDMI devices into and run one to the TV. Hence I've narrowed it down to the $600 category. I'll be using Deftech bp8060st up front with an hd8040 center and 8040 surrounds in a 20x18 room. I've been considering the pioneer vsx-60 or the denon 2113. Has anyone used these with the aforementioned setup? I need something that can get close to or reach reference levels if at all possible. I know most people consider the power output to be negligible when dropping from 110 or 125 wpc down to 80 or 90 wpc, but I still am reaching for the best possible amp section i can get. Its too bad receivers in this price range don't offer pre-out's. At least none that I am aware of. So far as I can tell, If i want the option to add a seperate amp later then I also have to pay for a bunch of other features that I will never use. Movies and XBOX will encompass most of the setup's use.

I appreciate any advice in advance.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
Onkyo 809 amazon had it on sale for $600. I bought the Pioneer SC-1222-k, which is pretty much identical to the Pioneer Elite SC-61, but without the 12v triggers. Newegg had it on sale for $529.99.

R

reallybadname

Audiophyte
I was looking at that 1222 and the 1122 and noticed that the only difference in my case would be that they wouldn't say elite on the front. Nice deal on the 1222! Won't touch the onkyo with a ten ft pole though, Already had one die on me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis