Need connection type identified

F

Froggy B

Audiophyte
Hello, first post here been looking around site looks great and plan on sticking around quite awhile.
To my question.
I got a home sound system and I can't identify they type of FM Antenna that I need to get for it. Also where would I get one.
Here is a pic of the connection that is in the back of the sub.
Any help will be great.
Thanks.
Cheers!!
Well, just got an error message that I can't put an image link up until I have 5 posts. This is one..
:)

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
You can get an antenna just about anywhere. Terk is a good and popular brand. If you just want to try it out, any piece of wire will serve as a makeshift 'antenna'.

There will only be two choices for antenna connections: 75 Ohm and 300 Ohm and you can convert between the two with a simple adapter available at Radio Shack or a hardware store.

F

Froggy B

Audiophyte
The connection isn't one I am familliar with it almost looks like a push plug coaxial but am unsure. Went to radio shack yesterday and they didn't seem to konw what I was talking about.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Does it look like the cable jack coming out of the wall? That is what most receivers use and it is 75 Ohm. Antennas always come with a 75 Ohm F-pin connector that you just push into that jack.

If the antenna connection looks like a speaker spring clip terminal, it is probably 300 Ohm and you'd need an adapter to connect an antenna to it.

F

Froggy B

Audiophyte
Ok, 5 posts later.. i get my picture..:)

Last edited:
M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Links to the myspace home page. Looks like there is an error with the IMG tags because they should not be visible in the post.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The vbulletin IMG tag is incorrect.

Just type the url on a line by itself and it will be a link instead of an inline image.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know, it might be a proprietary connector type although it kind of looks like you'd need a female RCA jack.

F

Froggy B

Audiophyte
I did think it looked like RCA, but didn't think that they made female RCA FM Antennas. Just never needed to think of one.
Ill give it a look up. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Ok, 5 posts later.. i get my picture..:)
Is this a new receiver? It should have come with that connector and the ability to mount the antenna on that connector. Looks like a push in 75 ohm job but not an F connector used on cable TV.
May need to contact the maker of the receiver if you don't have this anymore.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
FM Antenna

If a piece of wire (like the one that came with my receiver) works for an FM antenna then a coax video cable plugged into your RCA type connector will probably work fine. Try it out with a spare cable or buy a cheap one from radioshack or monoprice.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Unusual to say the least.

What make/model receiver is that?

Is is made for the US market or is is something that slipped across the border? If so, where's it's intended market?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis