Need Advice "Center Channel" FOCAL - PROFILE 918

R

Reignman

Enthusiast
First time long time member.. I have a pair of Focal - Profile 918 and would like to find a center channel that will sound good for HT. I currently have a Polk LSiC as my center channel speaker, but don't feel like it can hang with these 2 speakers.. looking for something with more power and soundstage.. Thanks for your advice in advance..

PS I dont want to spend more than $800.
Elvis
:confused:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I wasn't a fan of the Profiles a number of generations ago, but if you like these speakers, I agree with going with the matching center speaker. I've done the mismatch before, and trust me, it's well worth the match for the front three (of course the best match would be another 918 as center, vertically arrayed on the same plane; even tougher with boutique brands because they rarely sell individual speakers, must buy a pair . . .)

Save up for it. Worth it. If HT is important to you which it sounds like it is. If stereo music 90% of the time, and HT is very secondary ok fine get a cheaper mismatch.

If you choose not to follow the above advice, at least stay with the same brand is often recommended.

Also you can send an email to Focal telling them of your predicament. They may know various center speakers of the past that may have a better chance of matching, that you could possibly keep an eye out for.

R

Reignman

Enthusiast
These speakers were given to me by a friend. I had SVS surround sound before. These do sound good but I could part with them and get another 3 front matching set.. I love HT first then 2.1 later.. Keep them coming..

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I heard the 918's and I thought they made a good HT speaker.... That center on sale for almost half price is a steal and would complete your front 3, otherwise are you asking if you should start over? What would the budget be, IMO you will need to spend around $3000 for your front 3 and probably not get as good a set... I would spend the 1200 on the matching center and call it a day...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis