Need a new home A/V sub.

B

Branman444

Audiophyte
I have a velodyne ct-100 that i purchased back when i first got married. Its 16 years old and starting to just shut off for no reason. It does the job for the most part, but i think i would like something with a little more to give, so im not looking for something new. I have a $500 to $600 budget. Used for mostly movies and some music. My room is about 20x20. Im looking for suggestions in that range and have no attachment to any brand or size, as long as it does a good job.
Thanks

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
They will all be very flat. They will all get you to about 20 Hz with decent output. The RBH and Hsu subs can be tuned to trade deep bass for output, but it looks to me like only the Hsu does that properly. The RBH still looks like a good sub though. I think it will be a good performer.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
They will all be very flat. They will all get you to about 20 Hz with decent output. The RBH and Hsu subs can be tuned to trade deep bass for output, but it looks to me like only the Hsu does that properly. The RBH still looks like a good sub though. I think it will be a good performer.
The Rythmik LV12-R can also be tuned depending on the Q factor you select. Its highly configurable. I have tuned my LV-12R for max extension which does trade off on max SPL. My room is fairly small and it can still easily over power the room.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis