NE1 have a Klipsch SW-310 Sub that can tell me what they think?

T

TulsaSKD

Junior Audioholic
Looking at this Sub SW-310 as its not on closeout at a very good price online. What do you think of it compared to something like the smaller SVS subs, etc? Seems like such a good deal. Thanks for any info you might have.

Steve

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Never heard of it, but it has dual PRs and 400W. While output might be decent and comparable, I still highly doubt it is any threat for the likes of an SVS, HSU, Rythmik, Powersound, Epik, etc... :)

T

TulsaSKD

Junior Audioholic
Msrp is $1049 but it's now on sale for $499 and you get a free $139 wireless klipsch kit thrown in. Seems like a crazy good deal.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Based on the specs, seems like that's about where it should have been priced originally. A high starting MSRP doesn't make this a good deal, because the specs suggest it is in the realm of most ~$500 ID subs. Sounds like it is better than what Klipsch has produced in the past though, but I can't imagine it holding its own against the ID offerings at $1k.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Msrp is $1049 but it's now on sale for $499 and you get a free $139 wireless klipsch kit thrown in. Seems like a crazy good deal.
I agree with John that the sale price should have been the MSRP. Check this out, two of these will get you there and there is a very favorable review and measurement of them at AVS, I can't find the link, but it's been discussed here at AH, someone will post it, I found it.

Jamo Sub 650 Omnimic Frequency Response Graphs

Jamo SUB 650 12" 650W powered subwoofer | Vanns.com

Get a couple of these for a little more than the $499 you were looking to spend.
Jeff ;)

T

TulsaSKD

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the info on the jamo I will look into it. Really just looking for something for the kids tv in the game room so just need 1 good sub.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Here is a review of the SW-311.
It looks as if the SW-310 and SW-311 have a lot in common.
MSRP goes from $1050 to $1600, but weight only goes from 35 to 37 pounds, so I bet they share the same cabinet and driver/radiators.
It is clear that the SW-311 adds ARCII room correction EQ and another 100W of power.
It is a reach to say they are the same for performance, but I'd say you can bet the SW-310 would not out perform the SW-311. The SW-311 reaches down to ~30Hz then drops like a rock. With 100 less watts, the 310 probably drops out sooner.
In any case, I'd bet general comments on build, WAF, and even conclusive remarks on where this sub might be best suited are mostly applicable for evaluating the 310.
For performance, I think two Jamos are hard to beat. For appearance and idiot-proofing, the Klipsch may be better.

Klipsch SW-311 Subwoofer Review — Reviews and News from Audioholics

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis