NAD Viso 1 (acoustics by PSB) iPod speaker on clearance, $299

R

riker1384

Junior Audioholic
NAD has a one-piece iPod speaker called the Viso 1 whose acoustic design was done by PSB, PSB and NAD being owned by the same parent company. It's been getting great reviews and supposedly it has great bass, and super flat response (on 1 axis, at least.)

Audio Advisor is clearing these out at $299, half off the prior price of $599. I assume they're on sale because the newer iPods have a different connector and won't be compatible with it. However, is does accept input through Bluetooth which iPods have. It also has an optical input on the back. My main reservation about buying this has been that it doesn't have an analog input, which I think limits its flexibility and longevity. So, I went ahead and bought this A/D converter to go with it: Amazon.com: Analog to Digital Audio Converter Adapter: Electronics

You can buy the Viso 1 directly from Audio Advisor: NAD - Viso One - iPod / iPhone Dock-Audio Advisor
Or from them through Amazon: Amazon.com: NAD VISO 1 Wireless Digital Music Speaker System w/ Bluetooth - iPod/iPhone/iPad: MP3 Players & Accessories

It says only 6 are left in stock, although it should say only 5 because I just bought one.

R

riker1384

Junior Audioholic
Mine arrived. It sounds great, clearly better than the Bose Sounddock or the Apple Hi-Fi. The bass is very good; very clear and non-boomy, and fairly deep for a small unit but not as deep as a full-size stereo of course. The overall sound quality is very good, but not quite as good as a pair of excellent bookshelf speakers.

The main issue is that it has little stereo separation. It's actually mono up until something like 500 Hz and it doesn't do any fake stereo widening. I haven't quite decided whether I'm going to keep it; I think it will come down to whether I can sell my Apple iPod Hi-fi for a good price.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis