NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
I'm suprised to find no one has posted on this yet.. So i'll start the thread.

Just got my NAD T175 pre/pro and it's terrific. The sound quality far exceeds what I have ever heard out of my old NAD T163 pre/pro that i replaced.. Sure it's pretty new and has a few little quirks they are still ironing out with some firmware updates.. but the remote alone is well worth the update. The fantastic sound quality is an added bonus.

so yea.. :discussion started: :D

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
NAD has always made great gear at reasonable prices while avoiding useless fluff that so many think they need.......NAD is a great company!

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
haha.. wow, my worlds have collided.

welcome to the board mr. pink. btw, i like audio too.

M

MR_PINK

Enthusiast
haha.. wow, my worlds have collided.

welcome to the board mr. pink. btw, i like audio too.
Nice, In the process of building a home theater in my basement. Just finishing up the drywall now, everything is pre-wired for 7.1 with 4 sub outputs. Waiting on my theater chairs now.....:cool:

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
I've kept an eye on the T175 for some time.

I'm not sure about the "upgradability" of the NAD receivers tho. I've never seen/heard of any firmware update being available.

I'll be getting an amp first!

Last edited:
Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
But it doesn't do TrueHD or DTS-HD MA???
They say it'll be implemented later down the road, when the standard is set and widely used... Not sure what to make of that!

I'm still many years away from a 7.1 setup so I don't care. The other functionalities are more appealing to me.

There are a lot of other options in that price range. I don't know how well the NAD ranks with them.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They say it'll be implemented later down the road, when the standard is set and widely used... Not sure what to make of that!

I'm still many years away from a 7.1 setup so I don't care. The other functionalities are more appealing to me.

There are a lot of other options in that price range. I don't know how well the NAD ranks with them.
I think NAD ranks very high, but a lot of companies are coming out with at least 5.1 TrueHD and 5.1 DTS-MA.

I think they under spec their pre-pros for some reasons. For example, NAD says their M15 pre-pros has a crosstalk of -82dB, but HTMag says it's -95 dB, which is better than the $7K McIntosh, $6,700 Anthem, and $6,000 Lexicon pre-pros.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Who told you that? Just curious. I emailed NAD a couple of months ago asking this specific question (as I am a fan of their product). No imminent plans was the response I received about a week later.

I ordered a refurbished Onkyo 805 as an HT pre instead, hehe.

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
Who told you that? Just curious. I emailed NAD a couple of months ago asking this specific question (as I am a fan of their product). No imminent plans was the response I received about a week later.

I ordered a refurbished Onkyo 805 as an HT pre instead, hehe.
I read it somewhere on the NAD web site. :)

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
sweet mr.pink :D

and to answer a couple questions:

dtsma and dolby truehd decoding is not built in.. but I don't really care, i let my ps3 send it out lpcm for the dolby and i'll live with 1.5 on the dts atm while we wait for a ps3 update.

upgradiblity/no firmware? are you kidding? google it.. there is a competing board with pages and pages of firmwares for the new NAD amps.. The latest is 1.14 and it makes everything gravy baby. Came out today.

NAD's all over it, wouldn't give it up for anything...

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
upgradiblity/no firmware? are you kidding? google it.. there is a competing board with pages and pages of firmwares for the new NAD amps.. The latest is 1.14 and it makes everything gravy baby. Came out today.
Where ?

I can't find anything about any firmware on the NAD web site ?!?

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
well i'm not one to link to other message boards.. but if you were to google exactly say:
nad t175 firmware 1.14
and clicked the first one that came up, you'd realize there have been quite a few firmware releases and also you would see my surprise that there has been no discussion of it at this board opposed to another. :D

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
Lol

Google links to 2 online forum discussions. One of which is the one we're having right now! :rolleyes: :p

I really like my NAD receiver. But why all the secrecy and "Go to your dealer for Anything" policy?

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
to protect retail establishments....

so if you've purchased your NAD product from an UNauthorized dealer it is difficult for you to get service.

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
I find that excuse rather weak!

There is no way to know what's available out there, other than hanging out @ your dealer...

NGL_BrSH

NGL_BrSH

Junior Audioholic
anyone else have an NAD T175 here?
I've got a question for any of the other owners..

I'm a bit of a headphone freak at times and think that no matter what speakers I have experienced, most headphones still kick butt. I haven't used them lately but decided to break them out tonight. I plugged them in and sat back and relaxed.. briefly until I realized that my speakers were still playing. The preamp had automatically sensed headphones and went to stereo mode however it didn't shut off the pre-outs. My previous pre/pro (NAD T163) connected to the same power amp (NAD T973) would do it why not the T175? I must be doing something wrong?

I mean, I guess I could set a A/V preset for headphones to turn off the trigger to my Power amp but I've already happily found a home for my 6 presets and don't really want to give one up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis