NAD C 375BEE Power problems?

M

morten frøslev

Audiophyte
I own a NAD C 375BEE. I love it and it works great, until this morning. Suddenly i cant turn it on.. I have checked if the fuse, and it's all good.
Do you guys have any ideas that can help me solving this problem?

Morten

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I own a NAD C 375BEE. I love it and it works great, until this morning. Suddenly i cant turn it on.. I have checked if the fuse, and it's all good.
Do you guys have any ideas that can help me solving this problem?

Morten
Do you get any lights at all? Any possible error codes? Any clicks or noises? Or just completely DEAD?

Did you check the outlet by plugging in something else? Are you sure that you don't have a tripped breaker or GFCI?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Basics first. Power cord still plugged in at each end, power outlet is still LIVE?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
No noices, lights etc.. just nothing..
I have downloaded all the circuits for that unit.

Did you just inspect the fuses, or did you remove them and check them for continuity? Make sure you do check for continuity.

I trust you are sensible enough to know there is power to the unit.

I take it the standby light is not showing either.

If that is so, I suspect the problem is on the standby board. I would suspect the most likely culprits are the power controller IC 401, the optocoupler PC 401, Diode 401 or bridge rectifier 401.

What age is this unit? I ask this as extensive revisions have been made to this board, especially in December 2008. This suggests that this board may have been a Not Always Dependable unit.

Unless you are experienced and have the right equipment, especially a Variac unit to isolate in from the AC and lower the voltage while you work on it don't get involved for your own safety.

NAD seem to discourage service of the board, which is petty typical these days. Modern boards are just Hell to work on. So I strongly suspect that this unit will need a new standby board.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis