SVS PB-1000 & SB-1000 Powered Subwoofers Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The SVS PB-1000 and SB-1000 subwoofers are set to raise the bar on the budget subwoofer market. At only $499 for either model, it is the least expensive subwoofer that SVS offers and the SB-1000 is their smallest subwoofer ever. Don't be fooled by the price, these units still carry the pedigree of other, more expensive SVS subwoofers. The SB-1000 is a 12" sealed subwoofer designed to fit discreetly into any room. Every wants great bass, but not every wants a huge sub, the SB-1000 was designed to fill that spot. The PB-1000 is a ported subwoofer with a 10" driver and is a few inches larger than the SB-1000. It was designed for people who don't want to spend a lot of money on a subwoofer but still want something that can play loud and low. We are really excited to see SVS bring high-quality subwoofers to a new price point. These are sure to be a hot ticket item!

Discuss "SVS PB-1000 & SB-1000 Powered Subwoofers Preview" here. Read the article.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome. I had no idea they were planning new budget models :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
One of my favorite parts - a trigger input! It's about time (for subs...not just SVS). :)

I like the sealed unit. 27 pounds...so nice.

H

hjustin

Audioholic
Haven't read the review yet but that's just what I needed...two more subs to consider. :eek:

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
WOW!

Nice to see SVS doing something for the lower end budget. Wonder how they kept these a secret.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Good to see. I still have fond memories of my PB10-NSD.

D

DangeRuss

Audiophyte
I can't wait to read the full blown reviews of these two puppies :p

Any idea on when this may happen ?

N

NewHTbuyer

Audioholic
My PB10 is still going strong. My wife made me turn it down during Wrath of the Titans the other night. Honestly, the movie would probably have been better muted anyway...not exactly an Oscar winner.

What, no SVS logo on the driver!:eek: thanks for the pics. How did you get one so quick, for review?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
My PB10 is still going strong. My wife made me turn it down during Wrath of the Titans the other night. Honestly, the movie would probably have been better muted anyway...not exactly an Oscar winner.

What, no SVS logo on the driver!:eek: thanks for the pics. How did you get one so quick, for review?
no need for the logo on the woofer, see the outer perimeter of the woofer. (i actually like the new style)

i have real sea-pirate friends :D

R

raynist

Junior Audioholic
I like the price points on these!

I think the names are a bit confusing. The 10 should just be called a PB10, although I am not sure what you would call the new sealed 12. Maybe they could come up with a new suffix for both like ENT for entry (PB10-ENT and SB12-ENT)?

K

kesando

Junior Audioholic
So is the SB1000 still using a peerless based driver? I would think this driver is slightly lower end but perhaps more efficient?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
here's a size comparo of the PB1000 and PB12NSD

forgive the dusty pb12nsd.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't notice that LED on the front face yesterday. Mike, is that visible through the cloth normally? I know it shows in the picture, but I'm wondering if it's just due to the flash. If it can be seen, I wouldn't be a fan of that.

I do wish that SVS would offer the low profile cloth grills for the SB13-U. Those look nice.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I didn't notice that LED on the front face yesterday. Mike, is that visible through the cloth normally? I know it shows in the picture, but I'm wondering if it's just due to the flash. If it can be seen, I wouldn't be a fan of that.

I do wish that SVS would offer the low profile cloth grills for the SB13-U. Those look nice.
it can be seen through the grill cloth. i understand that some people will find that distracting. but i like how i can now see if the sub is asleep or awake without looking behind the sub.

nothing electrical tape couldn't fix :D

p.s. yes the flash makes the grill see through as well

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
I for one am upset about these, they may make it difficult for me to hang onto my money.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis