Lord of the Rings Blu-ray: I Want My Extended Editions!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
When Amazon add its pre-order page for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy on Blu-ray – Fans of the House of Elrond quickly became a house divided. It’s great news that Warner is finally getting around to giving us Rings on Blu-ray. But many of us are disappointed that the films available will only be the theatrical versions. Here are the rumors around the Internet regarding the Blu-ray release of Lord of the Rings.

Discuss "Lord of the Rings Blu-ray: I Want My Extended Editions!" here. Read the article.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
For those of us that read the books so many times in our youth the extended editions are essential. I will resist this upgrade until the blu-ray extended editions are made available. To release the bare bones versions on blu-ray is reminiscent of Saruman in his time of decay.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Personally, I can’t wait! I’ll hold off buying the theatrical release and patiently wait for the rumored 2011 release of the alleged Lord of the Rings Ultimate set on Blu-ray. This is how I’ll indulge the full commercial onslaught of hype for the upcoming Hobbit films.
As so will I. But it makes me a bit mad that they're not giving what the consumer wants.

Amazon's Customer Reviews on the Theatrical Release reflects fans's feelings:
http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Picture-Theatrical-Editions/product-reviews/B000X9FLKM/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

The EE was my ticket to blu ray. I guess I'll wait a little more and enjoy the DVDs (Yes, I still enjoy SD).

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
I haven't even watched my EEs on regular DVD in a long time, I am in no rush to double dip again on the BD.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I have trouble blaming Warner for the double dip. yeah, a nice branching Theatrical/EE release would have been the sensible, mature, non-gouging, businessey thing to do.

But I don't know if we can blame 'em - it just seems par for the course these days. The movie industry makes kid's toys for PG13 movies!

I mean, they don't have to release them at all I suppose.

Hey Mudshark, I'm with you there. I read 'em when I was like 13 years old. They're part of my childhood.

The only use I could see for the Theatrical release is to watch them with my parents or something. As curious as he might be about them... my dad is damned sure not going to spend serious time watching fantasy.

L

lonwa

Audioholic Intern
I will rent the standard editions through netflix, and then buy the EE versions once they come out.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I have the EE on DVD. I'll wait for the REAL release on Blu Ray, not this lowball crap.

Jim

B

bigspur1984

Enthusiast
I will rent the standard editions through netflix, and then buy the EE versions once they come out.
That sounds like the way to do it. I waited for the EE additions on DVD I will wait for them on Blue-ray.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's got to be the EE if I am going to buy LOTR again. Got's to have the Mouth of Sauron in 1080P.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
It's got to be the EE if I am going to buy LOTR again. Got's to have the Mouth of Sauron in 1080P.
right!

it's been a long time since i've watched the TE, i did not even remember that the mouth of sauron was only available in the EE.

nobody buy the TE!

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
right!

it's been a long time since i've watched the TE, i did not even remember that the mouth of sauron was only available in the EE.

nobody buy the TE!
and the sculls in the chapter that i cant remember right now:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
As one who read the books, even the EEs don't quite do the books justice, however the theatrical cuts were much worse comparatively. As I said in the other thread, I'll wait for the EEs.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I have the EE collection. I doubt I'll get the BR version.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
"the dead do not suffer the living to pass" Aragorn "you will suffer me"
The paths of the dead where only Isuldur's heir may enter as the oath broken was to Isuldur according to the words of Malbeth the Seer in the final days of the north kingdom

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis