My Simple Apartment Living Room & Bedroom Setup (with projector)

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
A little bit over a month ago I moved into my own apartment. It's somewhere that I'm leasing so I really didn't want to run cables through the wall or under the carpet. So as you can see in some of the pictures the area rug that is in the middle of the living room, that is where I ran the Component/DVI cables for the Projector and for rear surrounds. I feel I was lucky to find something like that because I love the way it looks (not too flashy or busy) and it matches perfectly with my furniture, carpet and the walls! :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdb4133/sets/72157601672716729/detail/ I figured it would be easier to just link to my Flickr page since it already has notes on all of the different components and all! Thanks everyone for looking! :cool:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The image is only 85"?! How do you see anything? :)

Excellent apartment set-up. My 27" CRT is (once again) humbled...

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
The image is only 85"?! How do you see anything? :)

Excellent apartment set-up. My 27" CRT is (once again) humbled...
LOL yes only 85" compared to one of my friends who has his going at 120"+! LOL but he has a bigger living area that I do. Thanks for the compliment! :) Don't worry Adam I had a 27" CRT for many many years! As long as it works and it's what you enjoy!

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Very cool HT you have going there. Not to mention all of the latest gaming gear. :cool: 85" is alot of screen.

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
Very cool HT you have going there. Not to mention all of the latest gaming gear. :cool: 85" is alot of screen.
Thanks Crose! The only thing I'm missing is the PS3 but I don't plan on purchasing that for a while! :)

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
After working a few years in HVAC, I can safely say that those air purifiers do not do a single thing.

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
After working a few years in HVAC, I can safely say that those air purifiers do not do a single thing.
It's not an air purifier, It's a standing fan :) Unfortunately my living area doesn't have a ceiling fan and being in Central Florida with averages of 95+ degree temps each day it really helps keeps the place cooler and just as importantly it keeps the components cooler too!

D

djsHTnut

Banned
My Brother & Sister in law have one of those fans, it is really powerful. I like it better than the circular fans, takes up less space.

Nice setup BTW. How far away do you sit? The space you have doesnt look that small.

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
My Brother & Sister in law have one of those fans, it is really powerful. I like it better than the circular fans, takes up less space.

Nice setup BTW. How far away do you sit? The space you have doesnt look that small.
Hi djsHTnut, I totally agree about these fans being so much better than the circular ones. I always remember the circular ones honestly not doing much besides blowing the hot air around. Thankfully these do keep the place much cooler :)

Thanks for the compliments on the setup! The sitting distance is about 10 feet away :) The space isn't too small (12 x 16 if I'm not mistaken) for a 1/1 apartment. You just have to do the best with what you got!

D

djsHTnut

Banned
I sit about 11 feet away in my setup with an 84" screen. Works really well for me. For me this size is plenty enough, I tend to get motion sickness if the screen is too big, I have to sit in the back rows at the movie theater or I get sick, LOL.

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
I sit about 11 feet away in my setup with an 84" screen. Works really well for me. For me this size is plenty enough, I tend to get motion sickness if the screen is too big, I have to sit in the back rows at the movie theater or I get sick, LOL.
LOL! I can completely understand with having a screen too big. The 85" that I have now works really well being about 10 feet away. Although once I move to a bigger place I would love to have a 100"+ screen! I hate sitting too close at the movies too, not because it makes me sick or anything, I just hate having to turn my head to see certain parts of the screen lol! Even worse being in the front row all the way to the right or left hand side, you'll hurt your neck by the end of a long movie! :p

B

bcool

Audiophyte
You should take a look and find the update for the latest XBMC; i'm really diggin the new version. God bless modded Xboxes. I just wish they had an HD ouput. Nice setup.

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
You should take a look and find the update for the latest XBMC; i'm really diggin the new version. God bless modded Xboxes. I just wish they had an HD ouput. Nice setup.
Hey bcool, what is diff about the new version? I have XBMC Final 2.01 (from Nov 06). If it's a particular skin like the one that looks similar to the 360 I do have that available, but I personally love the Project Mayhem skin :)

What do you mean that you wish they had an HD output? I use my with Component and can output up to 1080i, it's by far one of the best DVD upconvert players out there! With XBMC of course, through the normal Xbox DVD playback it sucks.

W

wicked

Audioholic Intern
thats a nice set up. how much bulb life does that projector have.

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
thats a nice set up. how much bulb life does that projector have.
Thanks wicked! :) I'm pretty sure you are referring to the SP4805 which is rated at 3000 hours set to "normal" lamp mode and 4000 hours when set to "low power" lamp mode.

But I have recently done a couple upgrades to the setup recently: Mitsubishi HC1500 720p DLP Projector and the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Add-On Drive. I'll post pics of both of them soon! :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis