my prototype towers

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hey MacMan,

Any thing new to report now that you have lived with them for awhile?

How's the finnish coming?

SBF1

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
STRONGBADF1 said:
Hey MacMan,

Any thing new to report now that you have lived with them for awhile?

How's the finnish coming?

SBF1
I'm thinking about rebuilding the enclosures. I tweaked the crossovers and am real happy with the results. I may just get rid of the subs or re-tune the enclosures a little higher. Right now they are tuned to 19Hz, and on some big LFE scenes I can bottom the drivers out. The seem to go down to ~25 pretty effortlessly, just that low 20 to sub sonic really hurts them. I may still use them but put a 25Hz high pass filter on them and let my dual 12" DIY sub handle the lower stuff. Other than that I am going to close up the spacing for the mids and tweet. After I do that, I think I will be pretty happy with them.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
MacManNM said:
I'm thinking about rebuilding the enclosures. I tweaked the crossovers and am real happy with the results. I may just get rid of the subs or re-tune the enclosures a little higher. Right now they are tuned to 19Hz, and on some big LFE scenes I can bottom the drivers out. The seem to go down to ~25 pretty effortlessly, just that low 20 to sub sonic really hurts them. I may still use them but put a 25Hz high pass filter on them and let my dual 12" DIY sub handle the lower stuff. Other than that I am going to close up the spacing for the mids and tweet. After I do that, I think I will be pretty happy with them.

Is that all.:rolleyes: :D

Was your original intent to make something that didn't need a separate sub for ht? I know these are prototypes to play with so is this just for knowledge?

Sorry about all the questions just a little boring around here lately and your project has peaked my interest.

SBF1

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
STRONGBADF1 said:
Is that all.:rolleyes: :D

Was your original intent to make something that didn't need a separate sub for ht? I know these are prototypes to play with so is this just for knowledge?

Sorry about all the questions just a little boring around here lately and your project has peaked my interest.

SBF1
Yeah, I was trying to use higher quality 10's and try to match the performance of my 12's. It would take a significantly higher excursion driver to even come close to my 12's so I think that idea is out the window. They do sound really good for music, so now I'm thinking about getting an active crossover and splitting my LFE signal two ways. 26 and down will go to my 12's and above that will go to my 10's for fidelity. I am toying with several ideas for now, so I will let you know which works best.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis