Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
So if I ran 32bit photoshop and 32bit Lightroom as same time [just an example],
photoshop will be limited to 4gb [or less], but will Lightroom will be sharing the same lower 4gb as PS or it could use the other 4gb [granted pc have 8gb or more?
The latter. Each process can use 4GB, if the registry key is proper and you're running a 64-bit OS. Each process, more importantly, can request from the OS' process scheduler a block of RAM for its exclusive use. This way your multitasking is much enhanced.

Sorry, but honestly [Sarcasm is off] how is it relevant ? Any company serious about their VMs will run it on real server hardware and bare-metal installed OS ESX or Hyper-V, not on top of Windows Desktop :)
I try to focus on either consumer or small business users, since most people that would want to know about this kind of information fall into one of these two categories. I doubt a network engineer or information officer for a large company would come here looking for advice on their company's infrastructure, but for the casual user or small business owner it could be useful info. :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I doubt a network engineer or information officer for a large company would come here looking for advice on their company's infrastructure, but for the casual user or small business owner it could be useful info. :)
Well, I do look here :D Thou not for infrastructure advice ;)
As far as my AH addition goes, I still have a lots to learn for masters of the trade, and only to dream one day to DIY my own speakers... :eek:

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Looks good, but for the price of that "Overpricaraptor" you could have gotten a nice SSD with much faster random read/writes.
Yes you could have. *Points to self* :)

SSD's are the wave of the future and can speed up day to day tasks enormously.

Matt34

Matt34

Yes you could have. *Points to self* :)

SSD's are the wave of the future and can speed up day to day tasks enormously.

I'll get one eventually, getting one would have put me over the budget.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis