My Meager Beginnings

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Here's the systems in it most current form. The Energy C-5s are the latest addition.

Denon 3803
Energy C-5
Polk CS400i
Angstrom Modular twos
HSU STF-2
Mitsubishi HD
Pioneer DVR-520H

Attachments

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Nice choice of componets. I bet it sounds great especially with that HSU sub.

May I make one suggestion. You might want to try and get the surrounds above you by about 2ft or more to get a more cohesive surround effect.

Enjoy !!!

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
The energy speakers look very nice. You obviously bought them because you enjoyed the sound, but who was your second pick?

Thanks,

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
Nice setup. It looks good and clean and you've got a nice room to work with.

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Thanks

Thanks for the comments guys...I do need to get the surrounds into a little better position. I will have to find some stands that are stable enough at about 30 inches with the 15lb Angstroms. I was set on purchasing the Ascend CMT340s across the front, but my local retailer made me a great deal on the Energys. They do really well with the Polk center and they are awesome in 2 Channel.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
more on the energy's.

sorry if im being picky, but im really comsidering the c-5's to replace my current towers, and your room its about the same size as mine. I was wondering what they sound like, treble smoothness, midrange coloaration?, bass extention. I can only hear them at A&Bsound and the room has $250,000 woth of wiring and filters and crap so i don't know how they sound in regular rooms.

thx alot
sheep

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Sheep,
I am really enjoying the C-5s. Before these, I had a pair of Dunlavy SM-1s. This was an amazingly accurate speaker...to the point that they bordered on cold if that makes any sense. To me, the C-5s have brought a new life to my music collection. They are quick and smooth, as well as accurate. I have noticed no harshness in the upper registers and they have a great bass response. The Denon does a very good job of driving them in case you need an amp reference. I'm sorry if I haven't been descriptive enough, but I just know I am enjoying them. Will your dealer let you demo them?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
thanks alot!

hey, thanks for the info, and you didn't need to be more specific, I was requesting it, because of personal interests. I don't know if my dealer will let me demo them in home unless I buy them, and if I don't like them, I can take them back.

Its A&Bsound (im canadian) and they don't have much else in the price range I'm looking at.

When I listened to them there, they sounded great, just like you described, but I don't know what kind of eq's and filtering goes on.

Anyway, thanks alot and if I do buy them, I will let you know about my experiences with them.

sheep

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
Humm, I see a room with great potential!

That's a great setup. Anamorphic96 is right about your surrounds, a bit farther back would be better too (I see you still have some room there :) )
I might also suggest a bit of wire management to bring out those excellent looking stereo racks.

C

Catdaddy

Junior Audioholic
Yeah, I like it, too. Reminds me a lot of my setup in my single days.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
But there is a hallway behind that left surround speaker. Which is probably why they aren't very far away from the couch...

Nice setup though, very clean too! Reminds me of our setup in our living room before we got the HTiB setup....the HTiB we have now sucks....but i'll take some pictures one day! :)

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Reminds me of my system

Lol, thought i was looking at a picture of my apartment, i have that same exact audio stand and a 48" Mitsubishi WS48-315 RPTV too strange, I even have the audio rack on that same side of the tv. Only have a HTIB set up now, but I'm looking to pugrade to a marantz and paradigm combo so now i kinda know what itll look like. Way too similair, but gosh does that audio rack to perfect with our tvs. Nice Set up

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Not very meager, as you say. :D Nice system by the way!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis