Full Audioholic
This is my current system, which consists of :

Denon AVR3808CI
Denon DVD2930CI (SACD/DVD-A player)
Denon DVM2845CI (DVD player)
Denon DCM 390 (CD player)
Pioneer CLD-S201 (Laserdisc player)
Pananosic PV-V4522 (VHS HiFi player)
Sony Wega KV-32FS100 (soon to be replaced by KDL46XBR5)
Bose 701 SII
Bose VSC30 Package

....I know, I know you guys are wondering, too much gear for such crappy speaker system to handle:D, well they do a good job (not too happy with the center speaker though:()

Last edited:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
It certainly looks like it will get the job done. Nice equipment in the rack there.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Once you get that center channel swapped out for something nice you will want to change your front left and right speakers, then add a subwoofer, then the surrounds. It'll be complete madness.:D

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Thanks for your comments, guys. You're right Seth, this is a never ending madness, but the funny part is that I've upgraded my receiver 3 times in the last 5 years, same thing with my CD player , and twice my DVD player, but I have not felt the urge, yet, to upgrade my speakers, and to be honest I wish I had that motivation, but I haven't come across something that has impressed me. I have nothing bad to say against Bose, as fas as floor standing speakers goes (cubes is another story); at the same time I don't feel loyal to any brand, (Denon might be an exception as of lately) and if I find something that sounds better, regardless of specs or brand, I'd definitely take a closer look at them. I've been eyeing some Vienna Acoustics lately at a Magnolia nearby. They look good, but I haven't listened to them:eek:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I firmly believe you should audition some speakers in your home, see a dealer (not magnolia) and see if they will let you audition some speakers in your home. I have a strong feeling you would notice a distinct advantage. Nice new receivers, DVD players, and CD players are nice, but they don't have near as profound an effect on your sound quality and sound experience as speakers do. I just can't see how a speaker system using 2" paper tweeters wouldn't drive you batty.:D

Definitive Technology should also be available at Magnolia, you could give them a listen in the store at least.:)

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Now don't take my head off Seth, but don't some pretty popular, and great sounding speakers, still use a sort of paper kind of technology in the process? The Tannoy Dual Concentric technology for one, goes out of their way, to mention the fact that they STILL believe in, and use that old "paper" technology. (I know it is stated a bit differently by Tannoy, but the point comes across just the same way)
"Just tooting my own horn"

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
I firmly believe you should audition some speakers in your home, see a dealer (not magnolia) and see if they will let you audition some speakers in your home. I have a strong feeling you would notice a distinct advantage. Nice new receivers, DVD players, and CD players are nice, but they don't have near as profound an effect on your sound quality and sound experience as speakers do. I just can't see how a speaker system using 2" paper tweeters wouldn't drive you batty.:D

Definitive Technology should also be available at Magnolia, you could give them a listen in the store at least.:)
They haven't driven me mad....yet, in fact I like the way they sound that's the main reason I haven't felt compelled to look elsewhere, but you're right, may be I'm losing a lot on SQ with the speakers I have now (maybe not;)). I have auditioned other brands, but the wow factor just wasn't there probably due to a poor set-up.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Having speakers you like is the goal of the hobby. If you like the way yours sound, make no apologies, to anybody or for anything. The only person you have to please is yourself.

Now, if you were to clean up some of those cords and tidy up the coffee table, that would make a more pleasing presentation for others.:D

pmac

pmac

Junior Audioholic
This is my current system, which consists of :

Denon AVR3808CI
Denon DVD2930CI (SACD/DVD-A player)
Denon DVM2845CI (DVD player)
Denon DCM 390 (CD player)
Pioneer CLD-S201 (Laserdisc player)
Pananosic PV-V4522 (VHS HiFi player)
Sony Wega KV-32FS100 (soon to be replaced by KDL46XBR5)
Bose 701 SII
Bose VSC30 Package

....I know, I know you guys are wondering, too much gear for such crappy speaker system to handle:D, well they do a good job (not too happy with the center speaker though:()
I like the Receiver :) and DAMN those chairs look cumpfy!

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Having speakers you like is the goal of the hobby. If you like the way yours sound, make no apologies, to anybody or for anything. The only person you have to please is yourself.

Now, if you were to clean up some of those cords and tidy up the coffee table, that would make a more pleasing presentation for others.:D
hahaha:D, yeah, that's my fault. I will tie them together, so as soon as I buy my new LCD, I'll post updated pictures and I promise it'll look more presentable;)

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
I like the Receiver :) and DAMN those chairs look cumpfy!
Can't say enough good things about this receiver, it's just awesome, hooked together with the DVD2390CI via Denon Link, is quite a combination. And the chairs they ARE comfy, nothing compares to a cold winter day (we don't get that many in SoCal:D), listening to a good jazz CD, relaxing on those couches:cool:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Now don't take my head off Seth, but don't some pretty popular, and great sounding speakers, still use a sort of paper kind of technology in the process? The Tannoy Dual Concentric technology for one, goes out of their way, to mention the fact that they STILL believe in, and use that old "paper" technology. (I know it is stated a bit differently by Tannoy, but the point comes across just the same way)
"Just tooting my own horn"
I just can't see how this could produce accurate sound. I don't know the technical aspects of tweeter making and how material/size affects it, but I have heard my fair share of paper tweeters of the large variety, they aren't too good.;)

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Home Theater Updated

I finally jumped into the HD wagon. I recently bought a Sony KDL 52V5100, and Denon 2500 Blueray player, plus some BJC HDMI cables. A whole new dimension was opened to us. First 3 BD I bought were BBC's "Planet Earth", and Chris Botti's "in Boston" and "Live with Orchestra and Special Guests".

Here are a couple of pictures:

Last edited:
C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Home Theater Updated part 2

Here´s a shot of the new addition to my setup. I replaced the Bose 701 with a pair of Paradigm Studio 60 v4 and subwoofer PDR-8....next a center channel, surrounds and a amp to run the 2 main fronts.

Last edited:
indulger

indulger

Audioholic
So, how do you like the sound now compared to what you had before. I was in the same boat. I upgraded from 901 mains, accoustimas surrounds, and a radio shack optima center to my current ascend setup. It gives me goose bumps now .:D

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Well I'm still getting used to their sound. The 701 were more bass-heavy so the Studio sound as if they are lacking on the bass department, but I guess it's just a matter of setting them up properly, run Audissey, find a better spot, etc, but I can't say I'm disappointed, I just need more time with them to adapt myself to the new sound. One thing's for certain, they are beautiful :), better looking than the Bose.

indulger

indulger

Audioholic
Well, you have the tools to do it. Your right about finding the correct spot and running audyessy. Then tweak it from there. I would find it hard to believe that the bose would have more bass then the paradigm/sub combo. I would also move the receiver to the bottom shelf to help hide some of them cables. Enjoy the new setup, it looks great.:)

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Well, you have the tools to do it. Your right about finding the correct spot and running audyessy. Then tweak it from there. I would find it hard to believe that the bose would have more bass then the paradigm/sub combo. I would also move the receiver to the bottom shelf to help hide some of them cables. Enjoy the new setup, it looks great.:)
So do I...but then again some tweaking must do the trick. I thought about your receiver relocation suggestion but I'd have to buy a new glass for the bottom as there's none there. I certainly need some cable management there:eek::D. Thanks!!!!!

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
You know I just realized that you were referring to the TV stand..hahahaha...I'm sorry :eek:...the big piece of electronic you see there is a Pioneer DVL909, I got some music concerts on laserdisc that are not available on DVD o BD....but you're right I need to work on keeping all the cables out of sight.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis