My Headphone Rig on Stereophile

S

Sleestack

Senior Audioholic
We had the 2nd annual head-fi meet at one of our properties this past weekend. Somehow, they decided to put my headphone rig and me on the front page of Stereophile.com:

Click on the picture at www.stereophile.com to read about the event.

majorloser

majorloser

Whimper, whimper, whimper...........

Excuse me while I go into the other room and cry. :(

You are truly god among us lowly mortals.

(You know, it's probably just jealousy, but I think I'm starting to dislike you)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Well I don't think it had anything to do with your good looks. :rolleyes:

But maybe that SinglePower amp had something to do with it. :D :D :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
We had the 2nd annual head-fi meet at one of our properties this past weekend. Somehow, they decided to put my headphone rig and me on the front page of Stereophile.com:

Click on the picture at www.stereophile.com to read about the event.
Your headphone amp looks like it could take on many power amps.:D How often do you hear people say stuff like, "All that for headphones, why not just get an iPod?"? LOL:D

Just to be trendy,.....I hate you.;)
(the best sort of complement)

B

bitperfect101

Enthusiast
i got the pleasure of listening to this rig personally at the national meet. I must say this is the top of dynamic headphone sound. It only took 50k to do it! try doing that with a speaker rig hehe.

S

Sleestack

Senior Audioholic
Sweeeeeeeeeet! That's so cool.
Thanks. The event was a blast. Great lecture by Steve Hoffman and panel discussion led by Wes Phillips. I think you would get a kick out of the custom Single Power solid state headphone amp/ preamp I had built for me. It has 2 separate amps in the chassis. A reference section that is clean as whistle with nothing but a stepped volume control, and a "fun" section with a variety of adjustable parameters (bias, capacitance, crosfeed, etc.) controlled by the knobs on the sides of the amp. I use the setup in my office so I can work in sonic bliss.

Last edited:
T

Thelonious Monk

Audiophyte
already commented on headfi, but mikhail has really outdone himself. do you one two 010s or is the second one from another headfier?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis