My first somewhat-serious computer setup :D

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Nice gaming setup :D
I'll just repeat myself and advise you to put the speakers at ear height (point between the woofer and tweeter). That could make the sound better.
And hide those cables, it can be as simple as duct taping them to the back of your desk.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Since you spend more on pot than you probably do on AV electronics, I would switch from Bic to Djeep lighters. Clean your pipe every once in a while by soaking it in Oxyclean solution. It'll hit better. And for rolling, try the Dutch inside-out technique. Its actually easier, and you smoke half the paper.

How often do you watch Cheech 'n Chong on that system?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice! Are those your new bi-amped Energy speakers? Did you ever get the sub set up the way that you wanted?

jostenmeat - you crack me up, man! :D

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
You thanked him for that?:)
What that usefull information to you Adam. Have you been struggling to keep your pipe clean?

J

julesx

Enthusiast
hahaha. i'm so used to leaving that stuff lying around I didn't really think about it before posting the picture.

Oxyclean, huh? Hahaha.

Yes Adam, those are my new Bi-Amped speakers, with an optical out from my computer (which was really cool, never used one of those cables before).

The sub..eh..It still doesnt sound "clean" enough. Seems too strong sometimes, not strong enough at other times. Either way, it sounds great! Drum & Bass sounds amazing! The sub is under my keyboard tray on the right side btw, you can see the top end of it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Your sub doesn't look any bigger than your speakers, at least in that picture. :) Have you tried running the system without the sub (with your Energy's set to "large") to see how that sounds? Just curious.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Nice setup! I think you would benefit from moving all the non-essential stuff on that desk to a little rack next to it or something, that way the speakers sit on their own and aren't tucked in like that. Raising them up would help as well, and play with the toe in to see what you like best. Some speakers like some toe in, some don't. There isn't really a right or wrong, just get them so your happy.

The sub..eh..It still doesnt sound "clean" enough. Seems too strong sometimes, not strong enough at other times. Either way, it sounds great! Drum & Bass sounds amazing! The sub is under my keyboard tray on the right side btw, you can see the top end of it.
Are you listening to downloaded D&B mixes? Sometimes they are recorded bad, other times really good. I have mixes that are all the way from 128 to 320, and the bass in the 128's is really bad. So, make sure it just isn't the mix. Test with quality sources and get it where you want and then just kinda leave it for when listening to mixes. The live recordings generally don't have any post-production, so the bass might have been up or down on the mixer depending on the club and it's PA system.

Since you spend more on pot than you probably do on AV electronics, I would switch from Bic to Djeep lighters.
Herb is the cheapest audio upgrade you can buy. ;)

Those DJeeps look really nice! The problem with nice lighters is losing them, though. With Bics you buy a huge package of them, pop all the safeties off, and just leave them everywhere so you "run across them" when you are going to light up. The trick is to have enough everywhere, because nothing sucks more than rolling up a fattie and not being able to find a lighter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis