My First HT Please Evaluate

D

durado

Audiophyte
Although I did my masters thesis on speaker design and have been building speakers for years this is my fist home theater set up ... please evaluate and resond

Harmon Kardon DSP 1001 7.1 A/V reciever

Fronts: Lowther EX3's in home made rear loaded horns

Center: 2 Vifa 4" woofers w/ a Vifa tweeter in a home made box

Surrounds: Dynaudio - 6" woofers (4 ohm) w/ Dynaudo tweeters home made box

Rear Srurrounds: Vifa 6" woofers (8 ohm) w/ Dynaudo tweeters home made box (at least until I can find some more Dynaudo drivers)

Sub 1: 2 x 12" Velodyne subs running off a 450 watt QSC amp

Sub 2: 1 x 10" Velodyne sub running off a 150 watt amp of unknow make

Projector: Proxima DP6850+

Screen: Da-Ligh on load ... still need to buy one ... my thought was to make an automated screen that lowers from my ceiling when the projector is turned on and raises up when the projector is turned off ... I'm thinking about buying the screen material (with a gain of 1.0 - 1.2) and building the acuation system.

Lighting: all X-10 controlled with movie macros set up.

All drivers were tested using CLIO and the finished spearkers were tested for their frequency responce when completed.

Any input would be great

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
Wow, three Velodynes, I am sure you have plenty of base there. How do you like the DPR1001, I have heard good things about them, but shied away because of the .15 THD rating.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
durado said:
Screen: Da-Ligh on load ... still need to buy one ... my thought was to make an automated screen that lowers from my ceiling when the projector is turned on and raises up when the projector is turned off ... I'm thinking about buying the screen material (with a gain of 1.0 - 1.2) and building the acuation system.
Pictures Please.....
I read the users manual of the Projector, or rather briefed through it. And did not see a 12 volt screen trigger. I wouldn't know how to convert for a actuator.
But another solution, is you could buy a remote controlled screen and use a macro capable remote control. Press one button and both the projector powers up, and screen comes down. Press button again and off & up.
I prefer a Pronto... Preferably a TSU3000 or TSU7000. But they are a bit expensive. There are many other remotes much cheaper capable of doing this. Just my 2.

Oh yeah, again, Pictures Please.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis