My Deal of the Century

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
I walked into Future Shop (slightly higher end Canadian version of Best Buy...and by higher end I mean Harmon Kardon electronics, Polk and Athena Technologies speakers) the other day to peruse CD's when I stumbled upon a clearance table at the front of the store. On one end of the table sat two Athena Technologies subs.

The excitement started to build, but I was skeptical and preparing for the worst...open box, scratch and dent, teenage abuse. But there sat an Athena Technolgoes P.5 subwoofer (8", 75 W) in a perfectly sealed by the factory box for $59.99 Canadian! :eek: This sub is regular $300! I leapt at the box like it was the last sub ever made and couldn't believe nobody was fighting over these! Just goes to show you how startlingly clueless the general public is when it comes to audio.

They also had an Athena Sub 8 for $149 CDN (regular $400), but the P.5 won a 2002 Product of the Year in GoodSound Magazine (part of SoundStage! Network). That...and my wife would have gone ballistic if I brought home anything remotely expensive (sub #3 in less than a year...they just don't get it). But it makes a perfect addition to my occasional basement system which includes Energy Pro 22 Reference speakers, JPW AP2 speakers, Denon 3910 CD changer, Technics EX-500U receiver and Yamaha RX-800U Cassette Deck

Good things really do happen to good audiophiles! :)

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
The problem I usually encounter with great deals such as these is that the sale is usually on products I would never consider purchasing. Though, I suppose at some price point your thinking has to begin to change.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis