unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Now all i need to do is Paint a pretty picture on it.
Im gonna post these pics so anyone can look at them and see what im up against. Ill be needing help with some set up and whatnot. Im still undecided on where to mount the center channel. Im considering trying to mount it on top of the mantle or hang it from the ceiling above the tv. I could install in in ceiling speaker above the tv. the front and rear speakers will be in the 4 corners. the sub or subs will be in the left rear corner of the room.

Peace,
Tommy

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Man oh man sweeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt!!!!!! Tommy, you are one lucky man my friend. Congrats buddy. God bless.

Cheers,

Phil

PS: The colors blend perfectly. Excellent choice. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Awesome looking house.

Looks like the kitchen is to the side of the HT room. You'll need a sub to fill that whole area. What is to the rear of the HT room?

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Awesome looking house.

Looks like the kitchen is to the side of the HT room. You'll need a sub to fill that whole area. What is to the rear of the HT room?
Phil Told me that very same thing. I have been trying not to think about it at the moment, wishing the problem would just go away :D I might as well come to grips with reality on that issue. I dont have the money for the LCD tv that I want right now. So any extra money i can save is going into the TV funds account :D Untill then Im gonna have to enjoy my TOP NOTCH JBL 10" sub and the radio/CDs........LOL!! It isnt the best but it has been good to me through all the small appartments i have moved in and out of. My living room and kitchen is bigger than my first 2 appartments :eek:

Peace,
Tommy

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
So since you have plenty of room now. When are we all (the whole forum) being invited over. :eek:

Next GTG is at unreal.freak's house. :D

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
So since you have plenty of room now. When are we all (the whole forum) being invited over. :eek:

Next GTG is at unreal.freak's house. :D

LOL.......i sure wouldnt mind having people over. It is 15 miles from town so we wouldnt disturb anyone. My wife is about to have a our first child in early October. It would have to be next year. I have plenty of parking too!! :D Everyone Could bring their Klipsch, Bose stuff, and their Firearms and we could have a few hours of target practice :eek:

Peace,
Tommy

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
very nice ... neighbors far away? or none? :)

it's always fun filling up a new house furniture :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Tommy, very nice house! It looks like a nice open floor plan with plenty of natural light. I also like the grass lawn (fond memories...I haven't had one in twelve years...Tucson has mostly rock yards). With the fire place, I can already imagine the cozy (ummm, I mean rockin') home theater set-up in there.

Also, an early congrats on your first child!

Adam

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
very nice ... neighbors far away? or none? :)

it's always fun filling up a new house furniture :)

My parents are the nearest, they are 1/4 mile away.
most everyone within 2 miles of me are family. My grand parents and their siblings owned alot of land in this area and left it to their kids, their kids did the same.

The only furniture we needed was a Living room suit. We bought 2 of these:

http://www.ashleyfurniture.com/Showroom/LargeProductImage.aspx?PageId=Showroom&SetDomTab=1&ItemNo=4740788

and one of these:
http://www.ashleyfurniture.com/Showroom/LargeProductImage.aspx?PageId=Showroom&SetDomTab=1&ItemNo=3340311

They delivered it Saturday.....Thats why i dont have the money for my 46" LCD ;)

Peace,
Tommy

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
it's ok to purchase electronics last, because the longer you delay, the cheaper they get OR the newer models come out :)

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
My step Dad and i did the electrical so i saved the total amount of that minus the raw materials. Im not sure how much of it i will get back, due to some upgrades we did in other areas of the house. Im looking to get in the neighborhood of $4000, but $3800 of that will go toward buying a lower interest rate on our Fixed loan.

Peace,
Tommy

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Tommy, very nice house! It looks like a nice open floor plan with plenty of natural light. I also like the grass lawn (fond memories...I haven't had one in twelve years...Tucson has mostly rock yards). With the fire place, I can already imagine the cozy (ummm, I mean rockin') home theater set-up in there.

Also, an early congrats on your first child!

Adam

I cant imagine a yard without grass.....:eek:

I built My home in a hay field.....i own the back 11 acres of a 40 acre hay field.

Peace,
Tommy

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
I cant imagine a yard without grass.....:eek:

I built My home in a hay field.....i own the back 11 acres of a 40 acre hay field.

Peace,
Tommy
Amen! We have 2 acres of yard and are surrounded by 23 acres ...7 of woods and 15 of Hay but Arizona does have its upside...Ohio winters suck!

Did you run dedicated electrical lines for HT?

Really nice looking place you have in the making, before you said a baby was on the way I would have said put the center on a stand in front of FP you can move if a fire is in order, but with a kid you may want it out of the way/
Congrats on new house and child in wait, sure are some exciting times for you these days!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That's a great place you've got there. It sure wouldn't hurt to live in the space for a while before deciding on a permanent layout or equipment placement. There's no rush.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Tommy, (Like dave mentioned) take your time.
You'll need it, to figure out how to baby proof all your equipment.:D
Very nice house!
Rick

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Tommy, I just love how the colors come together. I especially like the tile flooring in the kitchen. Very nice!!!!! Wow, a new home and your first child arriving soon. Congrats my friend. The gear can come later just give it some time buddy. Remember, God did not build the world in a day. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Hi Tommy, (Like dave mentioned) take your time.
You'll need it, to figure out how to baby proof all your equipment.:D
Very nice house!
Rick
Im looking forward to baby proofing things :D

Peace,
Tommy

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Tommy, I just love how the colors come together. I especially like the tile flooring in the kitchen. Very nice!!!!! Wow, a new home and your first child arriving soon. Congrats my friend. The gear can come later just give it some time buddy. Remember, God did not build the world in a day. :):)

Cheers,

Phil
I will let the Mrs know you like it. I Let her pick out all of the colors and whatnot. If i woulda have picked out the colors, it would have been carbon fiber and brushed stainless/chrome......:p Im real happy with the way it all looks together. She has a knack of visualizing what things will look like together without them actually having to be together. Thanks for the compliments.

Peace,
Tommy

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I will let the Mrs know you like it. I Let her pick out all of the colors and whatnot. If i woulda have picked out the colors, it would have been carbon fiber and brushed stainless/chrome......:p Im real happy with the way it all looks together. She has a knack of visualizing what things will look like together without them actually having to be together. Thanks for the compliments.

Peace,
Tommy
Thanks, as I really appreciate that very much. The wife is very talented. It has been said time after time we all have our talents and as such your wife has found one of hers. Your camera also takes great pics. What camera are you using?

Cheers,

Phil

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Thanks, as I really appreciate that very much. The wife is very talented. It has been said time after time we all have our talents and as such your wife has found one of hers. Your camera also takes great pics. What camera are you using?

Cheers,

Phil
Its actually a Sony Cybershot 7.2 Mp. It has been a great camera but it is a bit dated now days. I paid alot for it when it first hit the market they can be had for 1/4 of the cost now. We really didnt want a big bulky camera at the time. When i get another im going to get a camera with changable lenses. I have ran into several occasions where a wide angle lens would have been really nice to have.

Peace,
Tommy

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis