My Behringer 2031P's finally arrived...

Cristofori

Cristofori

Audioholic
Well... after originally ordering these almost one month ago, I now finally have my Behringer 2031P's. It seems word much be catching on about these speakers, as Behringer was out of stock and waiting on a shipment.

I was initially told they would not be shipping from Behringer until 4/2, and I may not get them until sometime the following week. But lo and behold, they mysteriously showed up at the music store today! But it was my original order of 2031P's, not the 2030P's I changed my order to after I found out they would not be shipping until much later. I did this after thinking about going with the 2030P/subwoofer combo instead after reading the advice and reviews from those members here.

Oh well... I didn't want to wait any longer so I took the 2031P's. Either way it was a great deal, and they are definitely better than what I was using before, which is too embarrassing to mention here.

I'd have to say I'm very impressed with them! They are heavy for their size and appear to be well built, and most importantly of all... they sound great! I've not even had them one day yet, but I've listened to as much different music as I could and have been quite happy with the results. If it's possible they might break in and sound a tad better later on, then more power to me!

I'm not going to fool myself into thinking these are the last word in SQ, but I can easily live with them until the day comes when I can make a REAL upgrade. For this level of quality at this price, it would be almost immoral to bother mentioning or complaining about any short comings these speakers have.

Thanks to WmAx, KEW, and everyone else who has mentioned and recommended these. I may never have heard of them otherwise. These speakers have got to be one of the best kept secrets in the world of audio :)

Last edited:
sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Mods... did you say mods???

Oh please Sir, do tell me more! :D
If you do a search on 2030 posting by WmAx you'll find 4 simple mods. I just don't know if they apply to the 2031. I did them to 3 of my 2030s and like how they sound. I'd try posting a thread on the subject.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I already bookmarked it, but this single post should be sticked :cool:
Yes it should. It just needs one addition - a better description for the correct stuffing and a source. It took me forever and the help of a couple of members to figure out what WmAx was talking about and find a retailer.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
or even better small Article on main AH site :rolleyes:
I'd love to see such article with before and after measurements and a like you said a bit more details about mods.
I wonder if WmAx would up to the challenge ....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!!!!!!

Cristofori

Cristofori

Audioholic
or even better small Article on main AH site :rolleyes:
I'd love to see such article with before and after measurements and a like you said a bit more details about mods.
I wonder if WmAx would up to the challenge ....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!!!!!!
This link also had some more detailed info from WmAx regarding the 2030P's http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52040&highlight=behringer+2030P+mods&page=3

I don't see why the 2031P's couldn't benefit from the same mods. It looks to be essentially the same speaker, only slightly larger.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
Yes it should. It just needs one addition - a better description for the correct stuffing and a source. It took me forever and the help of a couple of members to figure out what WmAx was talking about and find a retailer.
That's because WmaX talks in riddles.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Just a note. While the mods will help I've found that it is not an audible improvement.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Last edited:
Cristofori

Cristofori

Audioholic
Just a note. While the mods will help I've found that it is not an audible improvement.
I don't know what to make of this... "The mods help, but there is no audible improvement". :confused:

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
3 of the mods can be audible, or not, depending on the specific music signals. They address (1) a vibration that excites within a narrow band on the woofer's sheilding can. (2) a leak around the tweeter mounting to baffle. (3) a leak around the tweeter motor and it's own faceplate.

The completely audible mod is replacing the low quality internal acoustical damping material with 0C 703/705 or Roxul #4-#8., using 2" on all surfaces except back surface which should have 4" installed. This will cause both a slightly better damping in the bass response and it will cause mid-range clarity to increase. You must use the material recommended and in the amounts/thickness specified. Replacing the stock damping with another low effectiveness material or not using the proper amount of high quality damping can not be expected to yield much if any improvement.

-Chris

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I can sure hear one. It's not huge but it's there.
You did not use enough of the material. You need to open them back up, place 2" on all surfaces except back, where you will use 3-4".

-Chris

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I can sure hear one. It's not huge but it's there.
The effectiveness of wool's distortion reduction is largely a product of it's thickness and volume 4" should always be used on a rear wall to prevent direct reflection back onto the driver. 2" are sufficient on the other walls which don't take the direct impact.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis