Must Have Audio Products for Summer 2024

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Audioholics is always on the lookout for cutting-edge AV products and often has the scoop on the newest must-have gadgets, speakers, and displays. Many A/V companies release their newest products in January at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas or in September at the CEDIA show in preparation for Holiday shopping sprees at the end of November.

We, however, often release the most sought after, newest, and innovative audio/visual gear in April in preparation for summer. Some of these products are still in the testing phase and may not be available for purchase for several years, but some are available now. Make sure you order them today! When our “must-have” article comes out on April 1st these products become sold out and back ordered within days!

drums.jpg

Read: Cutting-Edge Audio Gear we Recommend for Summer 2024

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Great April fools day article. Smellavision? It had to happen I guess. The fire pit with flames that bump to the music sounds dangerously awesome. The tailgate will never be the same again.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
That drum kit absolutely feels like the most April Foolish one on the list. I don't get it at all.

Some of the other stuff, while kind of ridiculous, isn't necessarily terrible for the wrong person. I mean, a high end portable tape deck does seem silly in 2024, but I remember dropping $100 for a high quality portable player when I was a teenager. Something that could go with me skiing and sound good and be as compact as possible. Aiwa was my go to at that time.

Likewise, a speaker/firepit combo may be great for people who live that lifestyle. Car campers, or beach goers, or just hitting the backyard setup regularly. Not those with plenty of room to lug along both, but a select few who this may work well for. I can say that I have enjoyed my standard large portable speakers for years now. But, I can't imagine what goes into making it work well as a fire pit plus a speaker and how much quality you get from either product. May be just ridiculous. I do believe that Tailgater is a product from Ion Audio though. So, it was weird to see that term used with this manufacturer as they do not use it. Kind of like saying Klenex, then talking about Kirkland brand facial tissues. But, I'm being pedantic on that. :)

I have zero issues with the portable record player. We've had portable record players for ages. This is just the latest variation, and at least is coming from a quality manufacturer.

The smell-o-vision... That's the worst. I mean, maybe it could be cool, but for those that would want some crazy theater setup and to add a bit of a surprise for guests and visitors and have that type of money to throw away. But, I can see where some people may get a kick out of it. Not if they have to create stuff from scratch though. I could see if they got a entire library of media to go with it. Like, a long list of popular movies. Slimer goes across the screen and suddenly you're smelling him? Sure, in a cool home theater that might be a bit more overall impact. But, I'm not programming that up to work. I want it to simply work. This one just seems like more of a novelty or even something some professional organization might try to make use of thinking it is cool, then getting people to experience that added effect and paying for it.

That drum kit makes zero sense to me still.

Great list!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Was that Drum kit thing from AXPONA this year? I know I've seen it turn up recently.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Ha. I thought it was a joke until I saw the SoundBurger and realized we may be the joke. Nice work guys.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis