H

Halla

Audioholic Intern
Please help

I use a Yamaha Rxv 2500 in my entertaiment area. The Yamaha is hardly ever working because I use a Plinius P10 to power my front speakers. The Yamaha is 95% of the time just processing. My plasma tv and music is listened to in only to channel stereo. The plinius p10 power amp provides 95% of the time the power for speakers. The Yamaha only power the centre and surround speakers and that is only when we watch movie. I would like to put speakers in another area for music when wife is watching tv. Is this what multizone helps with? And seeing that the Yamaha is just processing, I can use it's power for music in the other area by means of multizone? How do I go about doing this or how does the Yamaha rxv 2500 multizone work?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Your receiver does have multi-zone capabilities and the situation you have described should be simple to set up.

You will need to go into your setup screens and make sure the surround back speakers are set to zone 2. Then run your new speakers to the surround back/zone 2 speaker terminals. On these older receivers you will need to make analog (red/white) connections for each source you want to use in your second zone. I think you have a second remote to control the zone 2 functions.

That should be it unless you want to control the second zone from another room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis