Multiple TV channels on one screen

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Is there a device I can purchase to aggregate multiple TV channels and display them on one large screen?

Sort of like how the DirecTV NFL package does with displaying like 6 games all on one display at once if you go to their certain channel.

I'm thinking I will need a cable box with multiple tuners like one of those new Hopper systems to collect the various channels but then does the TV or display device (projector maybe) have to have Picture-in-Picture too?

Not sure if what I want to do is possible but just wondering and if so how to set it up and what the cost would be.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
If your cable box has multiple tuners you should be able to watch multiple channels at once just using your stb (without needing to have a PIP tv). I can't speak to your cable provider, but with Telus in Canada I'm able to do it no problem.

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Thanks. My cable TV provider has a DVR box where I can record 2 channels at once but my TV doesn't have PiP.

I was wondering if I could buy anything external that would allow for this.

I've seen stuff like the splitters used for CCTV systems but they are all BNC or RCA composite connections and not HDMI.

D

disturbed13

Enthusiast
hay
check this out
all you have to do is get a TV tuner card like for a TiVo from your provider
and you can record 4 HD channels at the same time
or you can get 2 and put them in the same pc and record 4 HD channels at the same time

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Pretty kewl, thx.
I need to get my xBox360 back into play again and explore some more of the streaming options. I put it in the back room on a separate TV when some visitors with kids were over and I have to get it back on the network again.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis