Multiple components to one TV

I

itredler

Audiophyte
Like many people I have several sources of music and video such as DVR, DVD player, Roku, digital radio. My receiver can handle the audio but I need a an HDMI switch box for the video. Ideally I would like a receiver/amplifier that could take all the audio and video inputs and neatly output to my speakers and TV rather have to press multiple buttons and switches. None of the home entertainment systems I have reviewed seem to have this flexibility. Does anyone have any recommendations?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Like many people I have several sources of music and video such as DVR, DVD player, Roku, digital radio. My receiver can handle the audio but I need a an HDMI switch box for the video. Ideally I would like a receiver/amplifier that could take all the audio and video inputs and neatly output to my speakers and TV rather have to press multiple buttons and switches. None of the home entertainment systems I have reviewed seem to have this flexibility. Does anyone have any recommendations?
If you use a switch box, you'll need to press multiple buttons unless you have a remote that can be programmed to use macros. Denon receivers do all of what you want and they sound good, too.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
The simplest solution is AV receiver that up-converts analog to HDMI and has enough ports. Then just add a remote that supports macros like a Harmony One.

Something like an Onkyo TX-SR608 has 5 rear (+ 1 front) HDMI inputs plus component video and composite inputs. If you need more devices than the receiver can handle you just add a remote capable name brand HDMI switch (~$50). Then use the Harmony one to automatically switch inputs among the receiver and external switch's ports as necessary (press 1 button). It'll then control all of the devices based on the devices in use at the moment.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis