Moving your speakers cross country

nball

nball

Audioholic Intern
I searched the forums and couldn't find anything appropos. If this is the wrong place to post please let me know.

We are moving cross country in 2 months and I need advice on packing my Sierra towers and center. No, I do not have the original packaging. I have contacted them about purchasing the original packing materials.

If you couldn't get the original packing boxes, what would you do in my shoes?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
How is your stuff being transported? Car, pod, uhaul?

nball

nball

Audioholic Intern
We are using a full service mover ala. Allied, Mayflower, etc. It will be a semi for sure.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I would think that if ascend can't provide you with packing materials then you could either get a place like UPS to pack them or use pieces of cardboard and foam or blankets. Wrap them in the foam or blankets and then use sheets of cardboard around them. Big box stores often have leftover cardboard in big pieces from things getting shipped to them and, at least for me, they're more than happy to part with some if you ask a manager.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
We are using a full service mover ala. Allied, Mayflower, etc. It will be a semi for sure.
Is it safe to assume that it's part of a corporate move package? If so, it should be insured (but double check). That way, if they mess them up, you should get paid. My understanding is if you pack the boxes yourself, then they won't be insured. Of course, I've been wrong before. :)

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
The movers will take care of everything...

At least thats the way it was the five times we have moved...

I always had everything disconnected and ready to pack...

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I had Allied do a full service move from S.C. To Fl and they moved everything at the first of the year. I had my boxes for all my gear including speakers. Advice Suck it up and get the full replacement insurance policy. It's well worth it. We had 17,000 lbs of stuff in a 53 ft trailer and we are still unpacking. My HT and 2 chl gear was ok. Ps stay close and monitor your stuff being packed and loaded.

nball

nball

Audioholic Intern
This is self funded move insofar as it's our owned companies paying our costs. It's not a throwaway number. Yes, taxes, etc. but still.

Ascend got back to me about their shipping materials and they're unsurprisingly expensive and fair. Not yet certain if I'm crafting my own solution or not…

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis