* Movies with a high replay value *

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I just rewatch "The Big Lebowski", last night on HD DVD, and I just had another good laugh with this very enjoyable movie.

* Check the introduction at the very beginning in particular (listen to each word), it's a total blast. :)

* And about the scene of Jesus (John Turturro) at the bowling alley... :) And the music of The Eagles taking over, play by The Gypsy Kings, isn't?

* And the scene when our three friends are sitting at the bowling bar-restaurant, and facing the camera, watch Steve Buscemi in particular, and only him, when Jeff Bridges and John Goodman are exchanging a discussion. Just his facial expression is a tour-de-force, and a pure joy to savor. :)

This film is full of great scenes by the Coen brothers (Ethan & Joel).

>>> So, I decided to start a thread about the films that you think have a high replay value, meaning that you like to rewatch and enjoy over and over each time.
Because, for me, these are the true type of films to be part of your collection.

So, my vote right now is for "The Big Lebowski".
Highly recommended for a rewatch, and perhaps right tonight for all of you guys.

Bob

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Desperado = Definitively. This is a no-brainer high value replay movie.

Road House = ??? Not so sure about this one, are you sure you don't want to change your choice? ;) *

* Just kidding, I did not see this movie now for a very long time...
No wonder, I don't even have it in my collection.
But if I recall, Patrick was a bouncer hired in this bar, where hell brake loose once in a while, like in any normal bar from your neighborhood.
And then he had a cute girlfriend that was connected to the bar owner? Or the mayor of the town? Or the chief marshall of police? Her daughter perhaps?
Some fight scenes, some booze, some chicks, some love scene, some hate scene, and everything between.
Anyway, I was bored to death, that's why it's not in my collection. *

* Just kidding again.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Any of the Alien movies; I liked them all. The first two in particular though.

Boondock Saints

Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

The Crow

Heat

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I just rewatch "The Big Lebowski", last night on HD DVD, and I just had another good laugh with this very enjoyable movie.
Where's the money Lebowski? [as they are pushing his head into the toilet].
It's down here somewhere, let me take another look.

'The Dude' is pretty funny.

majorloser

majorloser

Here's three that my wife has threatened to kill me if I ever watch again. :D

Airplane
Kelly's Heros
Big Trouble in Little China

Not my favorite movies by a long shot. I just seem to pick these three movies up when flicking through channels and end up watching.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels
I also like Snatch and have watched it a million times.

Recently out by Guy Ritchie, Rock N Rolla. It is a good one but does not achieve the greatness of Snatch or Lock Stock.

For the list,

Fight Club
Matrix Series
The Hunt for Red October
Contact
Silent Hill
Pirates of the Caribbean

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Fight Club, Alien, and Big Trouble in Little China are definitely on my list. Call me a softy, but I actually really like Ratatouille too.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Tombstone, All the star wars movies, Finding Nemo, and I'm sure plenty of others that aren't coming to mind right away.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Tombstone, All the star wars movies, Finding Nemo, and I'm sure plenty of others that aren't coming to mind right away.
Ditto that re: Star Wars, plus LOTR and any of the Pixar stuff for me.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
For me it's "The Shawshank Redemption" just the perfect movie that I can watch again and again.

That or "Pootie Tang" ;)

mrjsw

mrjsw

Junior Audioholic
Some more, in addition to ones mentioned by others above (and often showing my age):

The Fifth Element
Running Scared
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
The Dark Knight

When it comes out on disk:

The Hangover

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This one probably should have been obvious, but the LOTR Trilogy (EEs).

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Come on??? Roadhouse is one of those "guy" movies that is hard to turn off when you are channel surfing and its on :D
Seriously though:

True Romance
The Shawshank Redemption
Escape From New York
GoodFellas
Blade Runner
Pulp Fiction

To name a few :p

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Band Of Brothers. Blu-ray FTW.