Moved again. New HT

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Hey guys, haven't been on in a while. Had a kid, forgot about internet forums, etc... BUT! I did move all the way from Puget Sound WA, back to the Bay Area in CA. I basically fire-saled all my stuff and moved (because I owed some shady people money). Not really, we just really felt depressed after a while with all the rain so we moved. I got paid some money for doing renovations to our Duplex while we were there, and trucked back down here. I replaced a few pieces, and bought a real projector (not a tiny optoma) to start things off. New furniture would be great, but one kid, and another on the way, free couches is what you gets I guess.

This is a 3 bedroom appartment (CA is more expensive) and space was at a premium, but i still managed to get a 120" screen in the living room.:D

Started off with a Epson Powerlite 8350. Beautiful piece and glad I spent the money. lens shift makes it so I could hang it in the corner and still project in the center of the screen.

Coupled with a $70 mount and attached to the wall, it has not moved in several weeks since i hung it.

Then my new 120" Elite Screen, picked up on sale for $120/free shipping.

Coupled with some terrible room lighting and a bad camera. Will fix those later. Still have my Sony SS-floor standers, and at this point, whatever I replace them with will have to be pretty much the same height or shorter to allow the screen (placed all the way at the ceiling) to fit.

Attached are a PS3, a HTPC with awesome peripherals and brand new components, and a Denon AVR -588 (Entry-ish model)

I have not really started decorating yet, but I'm slowly getting there. Thinking of going for the WWII theme again. We'll see.:cool:

The room was really hard to work with due to the odd shape and the kitchen opening, and weird 2 wall consuming hallway (in the bottom left corner) coupled with the front door, made for some interesting engineering of fitment. So far this is what I have:

AGain cheap furniture calls for ill-fitting placement.... the red square is the projector, off center to the left and it is actually in both pictures, but forgot to add it for the first, hanging above the closet door, and out of the way. Ideally, what I want the room to be is below... but I need mas moneys...

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis