Monster Cable's legal team is at it again...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
jaXed said:
The Electronics category of jaXed has been disabled due to a DMCA copyright
infringement notice from Monster Cable Products Inc.. Monster Cable Products Inc.
believes the onus is on jaXed.com to police it's listings for counterfeit product
listings and copyrighted images. jaXed.com is not the originator of said listings
and images (they aren't even hosted here) and so we feel like this is an undue burden.
That said, we will be working on a content filter to remove all Monster Cable Products
from this site entirely.
jaXed is a search engine specifically focused on searching for classifed advertisements on sites like Craiglist.org. Since Craiglook was shut down I've been using jaXed.

Words can't express how much I hate Monster. They should just stop selling cables and become a lawfirm because I'm going to now make it my mission to deter people from buying their products and hope you'll join me, as consumers, and fight this childish company until it's dead. We have the power, once again as consumers, to pretty much dwindle their sales to such a low point they'll scramble to do anything in order to make up for their losses (which is probably why they sue everyone anyway).

FIGHT, KILL, MAKE IT DIE!

Down with MONSTER!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
jaXed is a search engine specifically focused on searching for classifed advertisements on sites like Craiglist.org. Since Craiglook was shut down I've been using jaXed.

Words can't express how much I hate Monster. They should just stop selling cables and become a lawfirm because I'm going to now make it my mission to deter people from buying their products and hope you'll join me, as consumers, and fight this childish company until it's dead. We have the power, once again as consumers, to pretty much dwindle their sales to such a low point they'll scramble to do anything in order to make up for their losses (which is probably why they sue everyone anyway).

Down with MONSTER!
Are you just now coming to this conclusion that this is a monster of a company?

J

jamie2112

Banned
I am down with ANY and ALL action and will help in the cause Seth............clones?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
FYI: Regardless of my hatred for M brand, there's another lesson to anyone who's hosting with GoDaddy. Their moto regarding DCMA take-down letters (real and fake) - "Lets shutdown the whole site first without giving any explanations or communication with client and let him sort it out later". Godaddy did this countless times in the past and will continue with same policy in the future.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I am down with ANY and ALL action and will help in the cause Seth............clones?
I think the power of the clones becomes strained when they leave vbulletin.:D

minty crafts (sorry said:
Are you just now coming to this conclusion that this is a monster of a company?
Obviously not, It's just one pointless legal ordeal more than I care to put up with. I'm puttin my foot down.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic

Down with MONSTER!
You nailed it - they have no technology so why not become a lawyer company? I guess their lawyers are bullyies and they're not really good lawyers (in line with their mediocre engineering).
Seth=L - I guess you love Audioquest too :)

B

Bass Bum

Audioholic Intern
I have never bought into the hype of Monster products and never will. I choose to spend my money elsewhere.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Has Monster has also sued newspapers who have run ads selling fake products? Of course not. They track down the perps instead (most likely).

-pat

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The solution is to filter out their products. It seems they are working on this.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I really wish lee would take Milton's stapler!!!!!!!!!!! that would be great huh?:D:D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20101110/19003411802/monster-cable-gets-classifieds-search-engine-taken-down-with-bogus-dmca-notice.shtml
I'd like to highlight This portion:
Of course, even more disturbing is the fact that GoDaddy, the registrar for Jaxed, immediately pulled down the entire Jaxed site, over what seems like a clearly bogus DMCA notice. You would hope that a company like GoDaddy wouldn't be quite so quick to pull the trigger. It's also pretty weak that Monster Cable apparently went straight to GoDaddy, rather than complaining to Jaxed first (at which point, Jaxed could explain that they were just a search engine). Unfortunately, we've been seeing more and more examples of companies going straight to domain registrars with their takedown notices.
Goes nicely with what I posted earlier here:

FYI: Regardless of my hatred for M brand, there's another lesson to anyone who's hosting with GoDaddy. Their moto regarding DCMA take-down letters (real and fake) - "Lets shutdown the whole site first without giving any explanations or communication with client and let him sort it out later". Godaddy did this countless times in the past and will continue with same policy in the future.

N

nastynice

Audiophyte
don't hate on monster cable wires. i got a lot of commission selling them :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
don't hate on monster cable wires. i got a lot of commission selling them :D
I don't hate on their products, they are quality products.

They are overpriced products, and their legal team must be head by bratty children.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't hate on their products, they are quality products.

They are overpriced products, and their legal team must be head by bratty children.
No, they're just lawyers. Like the one in this story-

"Some scientists recently conducted a study to determine how different people would solve a simple math problem. They gathered a 1st grader, high school kid, engineer, and a lawyer. They brought the 1st grader into the room and asked him "what is 2 + 2?" The kid counted on his fingers and proudly announced "4". Then the high school kid came in. Same question. He whipped out his cell phone and used the calculator app to come up with "4". The engineer was next. He brought in several computers and a printer. After about ten minutes worth of calculations and about six feet of paper out of the printer he firmly announced "4". Finally, the lawyer came into the room. The scientists asked "what is 2 + 2?" The lawyer looked around the room, closed the door, and asked "What do you want it to be?""

C

Cloon

Audiophyte
So massive legal fees is why they charge $100 for the same cable you can get elsewhere for $10? Makes sense now.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
So massive legal fees is why they charge $100 for the same cable you can get elsewhere for $10? Makes sense now.
No, they are probably suing to compensate for lost gross retail of product.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis