monoprice/ placement

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
CL2 will pass code in most places.

The sub belongs where it sounds best in the room. If that is not possible the next best place is likely in the front sound-stage. If you have to put it back there it may seem off with music but should work wekk with movies. String you some cord and place it there before you order anything.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
my viewing from the display and mains will be around 19-20ft away. i was thinking about putting my SVS in the corner behind me instead of upfront. is this an okay placement for it.
I too sit 18'-20' away from my screen. My subwoofer is also behind me (right behind me). Some times you have to do, what you have to do. If there is no other placement, then IMO it's better then going without. You can always play with the calibration to help dial it in as best as you can.

Also each room is different. The proper placement for your sub might be at the rear of the room. You should test for the proper placement just to see if it is.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
With calibration, it shouldn't really matter where the sub is. With it being close, you will push it less to get the same SPL also. Phase may be an issue with it on the opposite side of the room, but again, that can be solved with proper calibration.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
WELL, THE ROOM AGAIN IS 16 FEET WIDE, 24 FEET LONG. THE PROBLEM IS I WANT TO HAVE ONE TV STAND for the samsung 67inch and another component rack. problem is tv stand is 60inches wide, then you got the two mains that have to be at least 8 ft apart, then you got the SVS (which needs no comment on its size, then the component rack. By the time you add all that stuff up across the main stage you are looking at entire Home audio portfolio filling up the front of the room and blocking the two large windows. wife would like to consolidate to one tv stand w/ components underneath and sub in the back. I may try it with two stands and svs up front and see how it looks. thanks for help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis