Monoprice New Sub $103

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My last thought is, sure, more $100 subs get sold than $1,000 subs do. But, how many of those $100 sub buyers actually research the item beyond a blurb? Some do, yes, but all of them? I'd venture to guess many don't go to forums, read technical reviews, or agonize much over a sub in this price range. where as people looking at $500, or $1,000 or more, probably spend a good amount of time weighing their options and objective results will be more appreciated.

I'm not saying people in ~$100-$200 price range shouldn't be able to find reviews on products, or that only megabuck items should be reviewed. What I am saying is, if a site like Audioholics is rationing its resources, and can only send a few subs a year to Josh for review, I'd rather see Josh review more capable subs. This is already the case, as Josh/Audioholics have reviewed less expensive but still capable subs from several ID's. But I don't think we need to see the compression curves and group delay on what will end up being a computer sub in a 2nd/3rd/4th system for most of the people on this site.

Really, would you rather see the $103 Monoprice subs tested instead of say, a JTR Captivator S2? Or the new PSA XS15?

Some will. That's fine, I'll just agree to disagree. I mean no offense, just my $.02
Lets post the question this way..... wouldn't you like to see a review of subs you can afford than those priced out of your reach all the time given Audioholic's resources? Same principle applies. I stay away from high end audio magazines/publications for that very reason. That and high end reviewers are more about subjective fluff than measurements that back up their subjective fluff.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Anyone actually gotten one of these yet. I'm tempted just to see. I wish I could actually give you guys a good review, sadly I'm not all that qualified...:(

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I got one of the ESW-C8's a couple of years ago. Think it was about $140-160 for me. It is a nice musical sub, and pretty impressive for the size. I have it hooked to a Vizio sound bar for my daughters rec room and the SQ is embarrassingly good!
Energy/Mirage seem to put good thought into their subs.

Wish I had seen the $100 in time, that would be a no-brainer for a matched pair!

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
LOL @ ASSMAN. "It was a one in a million shot, doc. One in a million shot!" :) That was a funny episode.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis