Monoprice.com cables

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
So I am in the process of re-wiring some of the structured wiring that was done when my house was built with the goal of beginning my upgrade process soon after (LCD TV, new speakers, new receiver, the usual stuff...)

I know many people have spoken favorably of monoprice.com and their cables but since I often answer the same old questions multiple times, I was hoping you guys would indulge me as well. :)

I will likely end up buying all new cables: component video, coax and optical digital audio, and maybe even HDMI if I choose to use HDMI in the new setup. Their cables are dirt cheap and sure look nice, so I'd like to hear from those who have actually purchased any of those types of cables from monoprice.com - impressions of aesthetics and/or build quality, performance, etc. I am definitely in the Audioholics camp that believes that there are no differences between reasonably constructed cables ('only poorly constructed cables sound different') but wouldn't mind hearing first-hand experiences.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Monoprice is a big sponsor over at AVS, similar to what Blue Jeans is here. I've never heard one complaint from an AVS forum member regarding their stuff.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Thanks, I actually was also looking into getting some cables here.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I recently reccomended monoprice to a friend of mine who purchased one of their inexpensive HDMI cables, and he has has been pleased with it.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Monoprice is a big sponsor over at AVS, similar to what Blue Jeans is here. I've never heard one complaint from an AVS forum member regarding their stuff.
Ditto.

Same can be said about Bluejeans.:)

R

ralphy670

Enthusiast
I just received some 14 awg speaker wire and some optical and coax cables from Mono. I live in Canada and had them at my door in a week. Quality is awsome as well as the looks.
Dont be concerned when ordering from them. JMO though.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have a 75ft run of RGB from them and a short run of HDMI. There cables seem to be well built, look good and I cant tell any difference from them and the monsters that I bought before I knew any better.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I just bought some 3 ft audio cables from them for preouts from my receiver to amp.
Good quality. No fancy colors, but they're just wires. Around 2 bucks a piece.
I got them in about 4 days.

I highly recommend them.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
If you get their HDMI, get the thickest ga they offer, even on the short runs, if available.

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
If you get their HDMI, get the thickest ga they offer, even on the short runs, if available.
How much of a difference will that make? On, say, a six-foot cable, like the two I just ordered yesterday in 28AWG. They were quite a bit cheaper...

Most of what I ordered yesterday is for my upcoming PS3 (HDMI, HDMI>DVI, two optical cables, and an optical switcher, all for less than forty bucks), but I do have a Monoprice component cable on my DVD player, and I've had zero problems with it. Seems very well-built... when I first took it out of the box, it definitely didn't feel like a "cheap" cable.

R

rumble

Audioholic
I purchased 25ft. s-video and component cables from them. They work well and
appear to built pretty good.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Jedi2016 said:
How much of a difference will that make? On, say, a six-foot cable, like the two I just ordered yesterday in 28AWG. They were quite a bit cheaper...

None:D But he can afford the thicker one:p

J

JaceTheAce

Audioholic
Monoprice is by far one of the best A/V related companies I have ever dealt with.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis