Monolith subwoofers and Monoprice

T

Tom V.

Audioholic
Honestly, thanks and no thanks for confusing answer for question no one asked.... especially not the troll OP.

But on subject matter of $500 subs - If PE/Dayton somehow could mustard $150 12" ported sub which doesn't suck, imho if using similar pricing methodologies and manufacturing locality, all of the sudden It seems like $500 sub in comparison to $150 could suck even less, since you have more room for more expensive and higher quality parts.

I'm not here to tell you how to run YOUR business. I know nothing about it. It just seems to me that with different mindset, a profitable $500 sub is very possible, just ask your competitors.
It's also perfectly fine not to make cheap cookie cutters, just look at Bentley - they stuck to only luxury models and sold whooping 2.5k cars in US last year. No reason for them to try to make 4 door family sedan. They are doing just fine. In comparison VW's slowest month is typically a Jan for obvious reasons. They sold cars double that number of Bentley's in one slow January week alone.
I just think the OP was the victim of too high expectations for a $500 sub combined with poor(per him) support for any of his concerns once the subs were in his home. That is the worst possible combination (ime) for any product evaluation. You might be surprised how much just getting decent support goes in these cases. I've had a fair share of "your sub/speaker/whatever isn't working out" initial communications. And the next response might be "well, I'm working until 9-10pm tonight so I guess we can't figure this out today". When I let them know I'll make a point of staying at the office until then so we CAN try to figure the issue out...things often turn much more friendly and more times than not we get it all figured out.

As far as my comments about the $500 price point it was somewhat relevant as that was his budget(for this purchase) and someone commented about my company not targeting it.

Also, I should have prefaced my previous post with the idea that the "s1200" would have the same made in USA content/same build quality Power Sound is known for. Doing mass produced/turn key stuff in china---that would open new possibilities of course.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis