Monitor Audio FX Side/Surround Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I don't know about you, but I have been following Monitor Audio for several years and every time I see a new product I know that something good has arrived for all of us to enjoy. This time I'm talking about their Bronze FX Surround Speaker which, according to the company, was designed to combine seamlessly with the front channels to establish the immersive audio experience we are all looking for when we watch a movie or a full surround music concert.
Bronze-FX-White-Ash-on-white.jpg

As mentioned, this unit has been matched acoustically and aesthetically with its LCR counterparts, its angled-baffle cabinet can be flush-mounted on side or rear walls, and its dispersion characteristics changed at the flick of a switch to accommodate the precise requirements for di-pole (diffuse) or bi-pole (direct) operation. It features a single 5-1/2” C-CAM bass/mid driver and dual C-CAM gold dome tweeters mounted on angled side-panels to help create a wider and more enveloping surround sound-field.
Bronze-FX-White-Ash.jpg

Stay tunes for more details, don't forget to read the following features and specifications and share your thoughts with us.

FEATURES:
  • Acoustically matched with all other Bronze speakers for excellent imaging and timbre consistency in surround applications
  • New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter design5 1/2” bass/mid-range driver with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone profile
  • Optimised for di-pole or bi-pole operation by the simple flick of a switch located on the rear terminal panel
  • Single bolt-through driver system, for increased overall bracing and rigidity
  • High quality crossovers with premium grade Polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
  • Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • System Format: 2 Way
  • Frequency Response: 65Hz - 30kHz
  • Sensitivity (1W@1M): 88dB
  • Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
  • Maximum SPL (dBA @1M – each): 110dB (pair)
  • Power Handling RMS: 80W
  • Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 20-80W
  • Cabinet Design: Sealed Cabinet
  • Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 5 1/2" C-CAM® bass mid-range driver.
  • 2 x 25 mm gold dome C-CAM® tweeter
  • Crossover Frequency: 2.8kHz
  • Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D): 10-13/16 x 10-7/8 x 4-1/8 inches
  • Complete Dimensions including grilles & bracket: (H x W x D): 10-13/16 x 11-1/6 x 4-5/8 inches
  • Weight (Individual): 7 lbs.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis