J

jakester

Audioholic Intern
I messed up on a earlier post, I was posting I had Pinnacle speakers, they are Mirage 360 that the foam is deteriorating to a point where all the foam is falling off the speaker they are approx 15 yrs old and when I took off the front cover the foam around the woofer (big speaker) was deteriorated, pcs of foam laying on the bottom of the cover, question we have, is it worth to replace the woofers and just get new speakers, I want to get new ones in a way, what will take the place and be of a bit better sound than the 360's without spending an arm & a leg. looking for some suggestions ...

thanks
Jakester

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. Just curious if you checked out the foam repair site that I listed in your other thread. The kit for your speaker is at the link here (I believe that's the right one).

In regards to new speakers, have you had a chance to go out and listen to any? If so, are there any particular brands that you like?

J

jakester

Audioholic Intern
Hello Adam

AS for going out listen for speakers, I usually go by what I read in the reviews or input from users here, reason is I wear a hearing aid and I miss alot of sounds that are important to a person with good ears, so if alot of users agree on a speaker, I will look into it.

Chet

J

jakester

Audioholic Intern
Yamaha NS-333 Bookshelf Speaker

any comments on the Yamaha NS-333 Bookshelf Speaker vs the Mirage 360 after I replace the foam around the woofer. I found them for $119 at Foto

Jakester

J

jakester

Audioholic Intern
Adam
I may go an repair the Mirage 360's a question are they still worth repairing, are they considered a good speaker being 15 yrs old, can i spend $200 for another pair of a different speaker with better sound quality 15yrs later.

Jakester

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. I don't know anything about that model of speaker, so I can't give you any good input. Some speakers are still very good after 15 years, though. My NHTs are over 11 years old now (wow, I hadn't realized that :eek:), and I think that they still sound great.

Maybe someone else here has experience with those. If so, hopefully they see this and chime in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis