Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Gee, I wonder why SVS thinks you're special.:p

J/K...it's obvious to anyone that reads this thread.:D

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
So how's it work? How's it working for you with all your subs? It sure looks nice.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i don't have the time to set it up :(
i'll do it on sunday or monday :)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
That sure is a beauty Mike and should be next on my list. Im sure glad there isnt a finish option :D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
That sure is a beauty Mike and should be next on my list. Im sure glad there isnt a finish option :D
they're introducing new finishes as we speak:

http://www.svsound.com/aseq1jpegs/aseq1walnut.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
they're introducing new finishes as we speak:

http://www.svsound.com/aseq1jpegs/aseq1walnut.jpg
I'll take dual ultras in walnut. Walnut has always been my favorite finish. Seriously, what is "rosenut"? It's not a finish found in nature.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt34

Matt34

I'd be interested in your opinion on how it compares to the sms-1 when you get it hooked up and running.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I'd be interested in your opinion on how it compares to the sms-1 when you get it hooked up and running.
+1

I have to admit I am skeptical. I have found Audyssey very inconsistent and without the ability to manually tweak to taste, not something I will be spending $$ on. Just my $.02 (but I still want your take on it;)).

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
I'll take dual ultras in walnut. Walnut has always been my favorite finish. Seriously, what is "rosenut"? It's not a finish found in nature.;)
They improved on nature

;)

Mike, you have a GREAT set up and a chance to play and have fun with some great stuff.

Inspiring.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
+1

I have to admit I am skeptical. I have found Audyssey very inconsistent and without the ability to manually tweak to taste, not something I will be spending $$ on. Just my $.02 (but I still want your take on it;)).
sure! at the moment, the main advantages i'm hoping to get (aside from the sales talk of the EQ1's specs) are:
1) the SMS-1 resolution is very inaccurate - basically it led me to cutting or boosting the wrong frequencies (as checked on REW) using REW to verify my frequencies led to a more accurate measurement though

2) i plotted on REW the 15, 10 and sealed modes of my ultras ... all of them dip after 10hz (i either have absolutely no room gain OR the SMS-1 just cuts out the below 10hz output)

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Patiently awaiting the true sub aficionado opinion on the AS’s abilities!

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
sure! at the moment, the main advantages i'm hoping to get (aside from the sales talk of the EQ1's specs) are:
1) the SMS-1 resolution is very inaccurate - basically it led me to cutting or boosting the wrong frequencies (as checked on REW) using REW to verify my frequencies led to a more accurate measurement though

2) i plotted on REW the 15, 10 and sealed modes of my ultras ... all of them dip after 10hz (i either have absolutely no room gain OR the SMS-1 just cuts out the below 10hz output)
While the display resolution may be a bit lacking in detail, I believe the frequency adjustments are frequency specific and therefore accurate.

In any case, the Audyssey approach is blind and essentially hands off and that kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Now about that all important <10Hz content… Mike, that’s like finally getting that fantasy “encounter” with Scarlett Johansson (or insert your fav) and spending the entire time staring at the bottom of her feet:confused::eek:. That was a really stupid analogy but all I could come up with at the moment.:p

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Patiently awaiting the true sub aficionado opinion on the AS’s abilities!
sorry, i had to re-arrange the subs (i didn't want them in the nearfield position) i had to wait for minions to come in and move things around ... hopefully i'll get to run the EQ again within the week.

ignore the top glass on the rosenuts ... i had them made when the subs were nearfield.

While the display resolution may be a bit lacking in detail, I believe the frequency adjustments are frequency specific and therefore accurate.

In any case, the Audyssey approach is blind and essentially hands off and that kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Now about that all important <10Hz content… Mike, that’s like finally getting that fantasy “encounter” with Scarlett Johansson (or insert your fav) and spending the entire time staring at the bottom of her feet:confused::eek:. That was a really stupid analogy but all I could come up with at the moment.:p
yes, which is why paired with REW, you get pretty accurate results ... for one position ... for one sub channel. :D

yeah, i'm still trying to figure out the best way to run the subs hot again after the EQ.

Scarlett is fine :) her feet or face would be the last things i'd be staring at.

anyway, hence the new sub locations above ...
i'm ------><------- this close to giving up and just ordering buttkickers.

TheFactor

TheFactor

sorry, i had to re-arrange the subs (i didn't want them in the nearfield position) i had to wait for minions to come in and move things around ... hopefully i'll get to run the EQ again within the week.

ignore the top glass on the rosenuts ... i had them made when the subs were nearfield.

yes, which is why paired with REW, you get pretty accurate results ... for one position ... for one sub channel. :D

yeah, i'm still trying to figure out the best way to run the subs hot again after the EQ.

Scarlett is fine :) her feet or face would be the last things i'd be staring at.

anyway, hence the new sub locations above ...
i'm ------><------- this close to giving up and just ordering buttkickers.
Thats a sweet setup Mike :eek: Very nice!!!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
to be honest, i haven't been able to give it much time.

but i've tried three sub locations. two of them (the positions i like) have a 25hz null i can't shake. the AS-EQ1 can "see" this null that the SMS-1 didn't. REW could, but it's always been the the theory that i could increase the max volume and bring down all the other frequencies to match the 25hz dip. i guess a null is a null.

at least now we know the AS-EQ1 has pretty good resolution/accuracy in measurement.

i've been moving the subs around looking for the best location.

it's a sad day for me too. i now have 1 less ultra, only three ultras left in this HT. sold 1 rosenut. what a freakin downgrade.

upshot is that i now have zero debt.

Y

Yamaheart

Full Audioholic
I actually went thru all 38 pages. Totally amazing man. Damn, I hate you. Take care.

TheFactor

TheFactor

to be honest, i haven't been able to give it much time.

but i've tried three sub locations. two of them (the positions i like) have a 25hz null i can't shake. the AS-EQ1 can "see" this null that the SMS-1 didn't. REW could, but it's always been the the theory that i could increase the max volume and bring down all the other frequencies to match the 25hz dip. i guess a null is a null.

at least now we know the AS-EQ1 has pretty good resolution/accuracy in measurement.

i've been moving the subs around looking for the best location.

it's a sad day for me too. i now have 1 less ultra, only three ultras left in this HT. sold 1 rosenut. what a freakin downgrade.

upshot is that i now have zero debt.
Mike you sold one of your Ultras :eek: Life must me rough only having three j/k:p I would sell a body organ to just have one more lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis